2 - Nightmares - Ponyboys POV

I was so grateful for Johnny, he was so nice for just letting me sleep in his bed, in his room, in his apartment. If it wasn't for him, I don't know where else I would have been. He was also very good looking with his tan skin, black longish hair, really dark big black eyes, they reminded me of a puppy's eyes.

But I had just met him so there was no way that he liked me and it was 1965 so there was also no way he was gay like me.

I sigh and decide to put my thoughts away and I drift off to sleep.

(Dream mode) - (By the way in the story this actually happened, Ponyboy is having a dream of what happened earlier.)

I was sitting in class just looking out the window. I really wanted to go home. I didn't even want to go hang out with Curly. He had changed. A lot. I didn't want to go and deal with him. I was tired of him. The bell rings and I groan. It was time to put on my happy face and go to Curly's house.

I went to his house everyday. I lied to the gang and said we were just best friends and we liked to hang out together, Darry said he didn't really like me hanging out with him because he was scared Curly's attitude would rub off on me and I would be like him. The truth was it never would, and I'm glad it wouldn't.

The first few weeks when we were dating were so great. I remember when we were sitting down at his house and just talking but all of a sudden he looks at my lips. My heart was beating wildly.

Was there a chance he also liked me back?

He told me a while ago that he was gay and I told him I was too. After that we were inseparable.

"Curly? I-Is something wrong?" I asked blushing.

He got closer to me and kissed me. Right on the lips. I was shocked at first but quickly kissed back.

After a second we both pull apart.

We stared at each other's eyes and he grabbed my hand.

"Ponyboy, will you be my boyfriend?" He asked smiling at me.

Of course I said yes and we were so happy but after a month. He just changed.

One day after school I came to his house. His brother was almost never home and same thing for his parents.

The second I step inside he glares at me.

"Curly? Are you ok? Is something wrong?" I ask.

"Don't act stupid Ponyboy, you know exactly what you did."

"I didn't do anything, please tell me what upset you."  I ask stepping closer to him.

"When you got paired up with Kyle Sanders in Chemistry you were all up on him and you wouldn't stop flirting with him and all that." He said raising his voice a little which scared me.

He was bigger than me and we've never fought like this.

"I wasn't all up on him! We talked and he joked around with me but that was all! I wouldn't even think of flirting with another boy, if I did, no one would even breathe my way and there would be people beating me up all the time!" I said trying to get him to stop fighting.

⚠️MENTIONS OF ABUSE⚠️

"Well maybe that's what you deserve! No ones ever gonna love or like your fat ugly ass anyway!" He said as he raised his hands and threw me down to the ground.

⚠️ABUSE IS OVER⚠️

I gasp and he storms away to another part of his house.