Chapter 4

Sherlock looked at the black card in his hand as if it were a poisonous viper. John walked over and covered Sherlock’s hand with his own. “Sherlock, “John said softly,” it’s going to be alright. Give me the card back. I will only give to you if I need to.” Sherlock swallowed and handed the card back to John. Sherlock’s phone rang and everyone jumped but Clare.

Sherlock pulled the phone out of his pocket and read the text. “SH there have been two more murders in China town. Please come, GL.”

                                    At the Crime Scene

Sherlock looked down at the mutilated bodies of the Chinese gang members that Clare and John had killed. He could hardly believe that John had done such a thing. Sherlock pretended to look for clues even though he already possessed all the facts.

Lestrade grimaced, “Jesus, there’s not much left is there?”

Sherlock’s throat hurt so badly that all he could do was mutely nod. After a few moments Sherlock composed himself and cleared his throat. “It appears to be a rival gang assassination.”

Lestrade walked over and stood in front of Sherlock. “Is that it? You mean no analyzing, telling us what they ate for breakfast, whether the victims were right or left handed, how the tread was worn on their shoes, etc.?” 

John walked over and stood between Lestrade and Sherlock. “For God’s sake leave him alone, Lestrade. It’s just a couple of gang members, so who cares?” John looked down at the biscuit he was eating and smiled. “Sherlock, remind me to compliment Mrs. Hudson on these biscuits when we get home. I swear they are the best I’ve ever had.” John brushed some crumbs off his shirt looking from Sherlock to Lestrade. “What are you both staring at?”

Lestrade sighed. “John, I was hoping you would wear off on Sherlock, but it appears that he is wearing off on you. God help us, we only need one Sherlock.”

John shrugged. “I have no idea what you are getting at Lestrade and once more I simply just don’t care. Come on Sherlock, let’s go. I want some more of those biscuits.”

Sherlock nodded and walked over to the crime scene and took some photos with his phone. “I will look further into this matter Lestrade, however I think we can chalk it up to an episode of gang violence.”

John grabbed Sherlock by the arm, “Come on let’s go.”

Lestrade scratched his head as John and Sherlock left. “Now, that was bizarre,” Lestrade remarked aloud to no one in particular.

The cab ride home was pretty quiet. Sherlock was lost in his own thoughts until he felt John shift closer to him. John slid his hand under Sherlock’s thigh and whispered in his ear, “A penny for your thoughts, Detective.”

Sherlock was just about to move away from John, when John’s hand reached a spot that Sherlock couldn’t ignore. “John, we are in a cab for God’s sake,” Sherlock hissed.

John laughed. “The cabbie doesn’t care.” He then sighed with pleasure when he noticed that Sherlock’s trousers were noticeably tighter in the front than they had been. John leaned into Sherlock, and applied a little more pressure with his hand.

“Take off your coat, and hand it to me,” John ordered.

Sherlock took off his coat and meekly handed it over to John. John threw the coat over the front of Sherlock and unbuckled his trousers. Sherlock’s whole body jumped when he felt John’s hand reach inside and touch his bare skin. Sherlock leaned his head back against the seat. “John,” Sherlock breathed, as John’s motions became more aggressive. The world always seemed so far away when John aroused him. It was the one time Sherlock’s brain wasn’t going a thousand miles per hour. It was the one time he felt relaxed and God knows he needed to relax.