The Party Place

Hey everyone, so hope you liked the last chapter, there was some almost action. In my first book ever, I think I rushed the steamy kisses and whatnot, so I’m gonna make you wait for all that stuff a little longer :D

Don’t hate me:D

VOTE!!!

Although his voice seemed to calm my racing heart, I was almost to the point of hyperventilating. “I hate you so much!” I screamed, launching myself towards him.

Surprisingly, he let me tackle him to the ground with ease. Pounding his chest with my fists, I released all the anger I had inside. “How could you do that?”

He laughed. “It was funny. And it’s funny that you think you’re actually hurting me.”

Clenching my teeth in anger, I wound up for another punch, but this time my fist collided with his face, right under his left eye. As much as the punch hurt me, it must have hurt him more because he flinched away and grabbed his face.

I triumphantly stood up and shook my hand from the pain. “What the hell!” he hissed from the ground still clutching his eye.

“That’s what you get. Don’t ever do something like this again Landon. Ever!”

Without another word, I spun around and stalked off further into the woods. Well, actually I could have been heading back to the campsite but it was impossible to tell, every left and right seemed like the last. After about a minute of walking, I heard footsteps behind me.

“Gosh just leave me alone!” I shouted spinning around to face Landon.

I saw the swollen mark on his face and immediately smiled. He deserved about twenty more of those punches.

“Well?”

“I’m not going to let you get lost in the woods. Besides you’re going in the opposite way of camp,” he told me calmly.

Rolling my eyes, I pushed past him. I was determined to get back to camp without his help. I could feel his presence behind me as I navigated through the trees and bushes, but I refused to acknowledge him.

“Look Mia, it was just a joke,” he finally called out to me, some regret in his voice.

Raging with anger, I stopped in my tracks and spun around to face him. “A joke? You think that’s just a funny little joke. Hey guys, let’s go grab a girl and drag her into the woods in the middle of the night. She’ll think it’s funny!”

Landon reached out to touch me, but I flinched away. “Where’s Gavin?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “Where is Gavin Landon, I don’t want to play game with you anymore. Just tell me where he is, and leave me alone!”

“I don’t know. The others probably took him to the ropes course. We all know he hates heights,” he finally told me.

Frowning in disgust, I turned back around and headed towards the campsite. In a matter of minutes I broke through the thick trees and found my way to the lake. The dark water reminded me of the night where I had skinny sipped for Landon and Gavin. Well, not really for them, but I had let Landon trick me.

Uh…Landon was such a jerk. I was actually starting to warm up to him, but after tonight that was never going to happen.

“Oh come on Mia, are you really just not going to talk to me. It’s just a little camp ritual that we do for the new members every year.”

Speak of the devil.

He stepped in front of me, his gorgeous eyes just visible in the moonlight. “You seem to have a lot of camp rituals Landon. Is that going to be the excuse you use next time you mess things up or act stupid?”