Twenty Three Is Still Too Old...

Hey, so I hope you all liked the last chapter. Please tell your friends about this story if you like it, I would really love for it to become popular. THANKS so much for all the votes and comments I already received.

Owen grabbed a few different things from the first aid kit. First he pulled out a disinfected wipe, then a peace of gauze and last a bandage to wrap up my leg.

“It’s not deep enough for stitches, but you should still keep it wrapped up for a couple days.”

 I looked at the cook attentively before answering. “Thanks for covering for me, and for saving me.”

Owen looked up from his work on my leg and sighed. “I don’t mind covering for you once or twice Mia, but if this is how it is going to be the whole summer, than I can’t always have your back.”

He looked back down at my leg and rubbed the disinfected wipe over the cut. At first I had to clench my teeth in pain, but after a while the medicine helped subside the constant throbbing in my leg. Owen was right though, I needed to act more mature, more like a camp counselor.

“I’m sorry, I don’t want you to look down upon me or something, I’ll make better decisions I promise,” I finally said.

 He nodded his head and begun to wrap the bandage around my cut. After winding it around my leg several times, Owen stood up.

“You don’t have to explain yourself to me Mia, I was a teen once too. Actually not that long ago, you know I’m not that old,” he replied with a chuckle.

“Yeah, how old are you?” I asked curiously.

He raised an eyebrow at me. “Guess.”

I thought for a moment before saying, “Twenty.”

He shook his head. “Twenty five?”

He shook his head again. “I’m twenty three, but you were close.”

I looked at him skeptically before standing up. Putting pressure on the cut wasn’t as painful, but I did get a constant reminder of the wound every time I did.

“Well thanks again, for the help in stuff,” I said after a few awkward moments of silence.

He gave me a huge smile and laughed. “You’re welcome, but what have you been eating Mia, I mean, how did you managed to break that wood?”

 I knew he was being sarcastic, so I gave a little gasp of surprise. “Owen, are you calling me fat?”

His hand darted out and grabbed my side, and he squished the skin on my hip bone playfully. “Never, you barely have enough meat on you. Maybe I should fatten you up.”

Blushing because of the somewhat inappropriate touching, I turned my face away so he couldn’t see. “Wait, don’t turn away. I like when you blush, it’s cute,” he said gently grabbing the side of my face and turning it towards his.

Of course, this only made my blush more. His face seemed to get closer, and for some reason his lips were the only thing I could see. They were perfect lips, the kind that any girl could kiss all day. Uh, stop Mia. My eyes darted backup to his eyes, and I could tell he had been starring at my lips. Oh God, we were going to kiss. Me and Owen, oh God. Oh God.

Although it took a lot of strength, I quickly moved my face away. Then smiling, I stepped back and headed for the door. “Uh, well see you tomorrow.” My voice came out shaky, but it didn’t matter. I was already out the door.

The whole rest of the day all I could think about was our almost kiss.

**

You know that state of mind where you’re almost asleep, but not totally under? That time where everything is fluffy, and you feel like you’re floating into nothingness. Well, I had just drifted off into that state, but something was pulling be back to the real world.