XI • get out of my house

WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT AHEAD

This chapter contains drug abuse and physical assault. If you're not comfortable with reading this, I suggest you skip this chapter. Read at your own risk.

I didn't know what to say.

I was standing five feet away from him, a shocked expression written on my face. His eyes were holding a deep crimson color to them. And they didn't get that color only from crying.

My eyes wandered across the room, widening when they eventually landed on the coffee table. I spotted needles, a spoon and a lighter. The smoke was still fuming off the red, glowing spoon. Looking back at Nikki, his eyes were still focused on me, holding that same queasy look in them. He's high as shit.

"Nikki, I-"

"Save it, Liliana." he blurted out through gritted teeth. "Am I a joke to you? Do you enjoy lying to me?" he sniffled.

I was unable to say something. It was as if someone took away my ability to speak. I had so much to say to him, yet so little came out of my mouth. Nikki covered his face with his hands and rubbed his eyes.

"When you went inside the record store for work this morning, the first thing I did was pick up a bouquet of roses. I know that they're your favorite flowers, you told me that when we were high one time. I thought maybe it was a fun idea to surprise you. I wanted to take you out to dinner tonight. I had everything planned." he told me, tears filling my eyes. He slowly shook his head and looked up at me again.

"Nikki, please, let me explain-"

"What is there to explain, huh?!" he screamed, causing me to jump a little.

"How do you explain coming home high and fucking drunk, Liliana?! How do you explain it when I come to your fucking work at six to pick you up, like YOU fucking promised, and your shitty little colleague mister what's-his-name tells me that you ran off with some... some guy that you don't even know?!" he blurted out, tears running down his cheeks.

I opened my mouth to say something, but Nikki put up his hand as a signal that he wasn't finished yet.

"I thought... I thought I had a chance with you, Liliana. You gave me the impression that you loved me. Hell, you even told me that you did, right in my fucking face!" he yelled while slamming his fists on the couch, causing me to jump a little.

He stood up and stumbled towards me, towering over me. A look of realization creeping on his face.

"It was your plan all along to fucking use me, wasn't it? For what? My fame? My money? Is that it?!" he shouted, making me back up. I give him a weird look and finally speak up for myself.

"No Nikki, of course not! You're high as shit! What the fuck are you thinking?" I yelled back.

"Well, what I'm thinking is that you are a selfish little bitch. You give nothing about me or my feelings, do you?" he said, his bottom lip quivering. I stood there in shock.