IX • pretty name for a pretty girl

I was currently laying in bed, with Nikki's arm draped over my chest

I was currently laying in bed, with Nikki's arm draped over my chest. He was snoring lightly, while keeping me close to him. He was peacefully asleep. I was wide awake, staring at the blank ceiling.

I couldn't get Slash out of my thoughts. I don't know what he did to me back at the studio, but there's just something about him that makes it extremely hard to focus on something else. Maybe it were his bouncy curls that perfectly shaped his face, his cigarette that was loosely hanging between his plump lips, his piercing brown eyes...

My thoughts were soon interrupted when I felt Nikki shifting. I looked over and turned to my side. He was slowly waking up, opening his eyes ever so gradual. He wiped the sleep from his eyes before fully opening them, looking right at me.

"Goodmorning beautiful." he cooed, pulling me closer to him. I put my head on his chest, listening to his beating heart.

"Goodmorning, Nikki. How did you sleep?" I asked him. He stretched his arms and cracked his neck. 

"Amazing, you?" he told me, planting small kisses on my forhead.

"Just marvelous." I lied, a hint of sarcasm lingering in my tone. He didn't pay any attention to it, continuing to place kisses on my head.

He soon moved down to my cheek and went lower and lower until he reached my neck and collarbones. I closed my eyes at the feeling and licked my lips.

"What's got you in such a good mood this morning?" I asked him, tangling my fingers in his hair. He slowly moved to my breasts, that were covered by a thin piece of fabric. 

"You." he simply breathed out. "You always put me in a good mood." he states, still placing kisses all over me. Taking a quick look at the clock on the wall, I realize that I have to get ready for work.

After what happened at the stripclub, I of course needed to find a new job to pay rent. I started working at a record store a few blocks away. Nikki told me that I didn't have to and that I could just live with him, but I insisted on making my own money and taking care of myself. Like I have always done.

"Nik, I need to get ready." I tell him while slowly pushing him off of me, causing him to pout at me. I giggle at his attempt of making me stay, but sadly for him, it's not working.

I pry myself loose and sit up straight. I feel Nikki putting both of his arms around me, pressing my back against his chest. He hugs me tight for a couple of seconds before letting go of me.

"I love you, Lili." he suddenly says. I look at him and shoot him a forced smile.

"I love you too." I tell him, before getting up and making my way towards the bathroom. I turn on the shower and quickly step underneath it. While washing my hair, my mind wanders back to the day that Nikki confessed his love to me.

"I think I'm in love with you, Liliana." 

He suddenly said. I knew that he had feelings for me, and that I had them for him too, but I never expected him to actually be in love with me. I never had a real relationship before, so hearing someone say that to me was quite a shocker. Was I actually in love with him?