<< 47 >>

- chapter contains swearing -

eddie was laying in his bed, covered in many fuzzy blankets and stuffed animals due to how cold he gets so easily, despite it being summer.

he was popping buttery popcorn into his mouth as he was watching netflix; specifically, 'the office' as he occasionally let out quiet giggles because his mother was sleeping, he didn't want to do it too loud. though the tv was a little loud, eddie was surprised he didn't wake sonia.

there was a faint tapping on eddie's window, though he didn't hear it because the tv volume was a little bit louder than the tapping on his window.

the tapping became louder, which startled eddie.

he was hesitant to see what was making that sound, but he did anyway.

he opened the window only to see a raven haired boy with coke bottle glasses that made his eyes bigger than they really were.

"hiya eds!" the ravenette exclaimed  quietly because it was two o'clock in the morning.

"what the fuck are you doing here? and why are you here? you couldn't have came at a more reasonable time?" eddie whispered at richie, who was still outside on a ladder he found on the yard of eddie's house.

eddie's eyes wouldn't move away from richie, as much as he wanted them to. they stayed looking down at him.

"eds, i really truly am flattered that you're staring at me but i'm about to fall off this ladder at anytime so could you probably move so i can get in?" richie suggested as he struggled to keep himself from his hands slipping.

"right, right. sorry." eddie said, still in shock that the richie tozier that he's been talking to for three months was now sneaking into his house by the window in his room.

once richie found a place to sit beside eddie, he looked at him and smiled.

"why are you here?" eddie said, breaking the somewhat comfortable silence between them.

"stan gave your address in the groupchat. i couldn't let a perfectly good address go to waste!" richie exclaimed, ruffling eddie's hair.

"so you decided to come at two in the morning?" eddie yawned

"that's exactly what i decided to do." richie said as he did finger guns at eddie. all eddie did in response was playfully roll his eyes.

"what if stan gave you an address that isn't mine?" eddie said as he stretched his arms.

"then i would sure hope their name is also eddie. because if their name was like petunia or something they'd be like," richie paused to clear his throat. "what are you doing at my window!? and who's eds?" richie said, mimicking a little girl's voice.

eddie let out small giggles, though it was quite obvious he had been trying to hold in a loud laugh that could wake sonia.

eddie's giggles sounded like music to richie's ears. they were so angelic. they made richie feel as if he was in heaven and eddie was the angel.

"hey eds" richie said. "what, richie? and that's not my name." eddie said, now calm from his giggle fit.

"remember that time we messaged each other the lyrics of can't help falling in love" richie said, causing eddie to blush.

"i swear if you're gonna ask what version it was i won't hesitate to fight." eddie said

richie kept quiet as his grin only got wider as he looked at eddie.

"what version was it?" richie said as he crossed his arms.

"i'm gonna fucking kill you!" eddie whisper-yelled as he jumped onto richie, causing him to fall down onto the bed. eddie straddled the ravenette's hips so he couldn't get up. he punched his chest though it didn't do too much due to the fact that richie was stronger than eddie.

all richie did was lay there and smile. he could do more, he really could. but he decided to just let eddie be.

"i'm out... i'm out of breath." eddie said in between each breath he took.

he locked eyes with richie until he gave up on trying to keep himself up, so he collapsed onto richie. at this point, both richie and eddie had a crimson red blush covering their cheeks.

eddie wasn't comfortable, so he tried to find a comfortable way to lay, only for his head to end up in the crook of richie's neck, his right hand loosely intertwined with richie's hand while his left hand was up in richie's curls and his legs tangled with richie's legs.

a few minutes later, richie assumed eddie was sleeping so he tried to get up. once eddie felt that richie was trying to get up he gripped his hand tighter and let out a small 'no'.

"can we at least get into a more comfortable position?" richie whispered, not wanting to startle eddie from the volume of his voice being too loud.

"carry me." eddie said, yawning afterwards.

richie picked eddie up and carried him to the left side of his bed. afterwards, richie turned the light off and walked back over to eddie's bed. he crawled under the blankets next to the brunette. eddie cuddled next to richie's side but a few seconds later his head popped up.

"goodnight chee," eddie whispered.

"goodnight eds"

eddie leaned down and pressed his lips against richie's left cheek for a few seconds, causing butterflies to go crazy in his stomach.

though the butterflies wouldn't be going this crazy if eddie's lips weren't a few inches away from richie's.

eddie's head ended up in the crook of richie's neck as a crimson red blush was spread across richie's face. eddie had the same blush on his face with a small smile on his face.

"is this okay?" richie asked as he wrapped his arm around eddie's torso. eddie was to tired to speak so he just hummed an 'mhm'

eddie was already fast asleep, while richie's eyes were just beginning to get droopy.

thoughts about eddie kept on racing in his mind, the last one being

"he's so beautiful"

before his eyelids shut so he could only see black and soon enough, he was drifting off to sleep where he'd have his dream about being eddie's boyfriend in the homophobic town of derry.

-

this is probably one of the best chapters i've ever written. sorry for the long wait though..

~ j ♡