Chapter One- The beginning

I sat at the wooden table looking at my breakfast. Alexi is off fighting on the home front but I never see him anymore. "Tatiana, eat." Mother told me. My green eyes locked on my fruit salad. Mum came around and tired up my brown hair. "Tatiana, I know you miss Alexi, but you need to know he is fighting for his country." I yanked my head away, then I stood and yelled. "If it wasn't for this stupid war, Alexi will still be here!"

After storming outside the cold brushed against my face. So far the Nazis haven't invaded Russia yet so I prayed that the war won't come to us but everyone is talking that Hitler and his Nazis will invade us.

"Tatiana!" I heard someone yell my name but I didn't see anyone. I kept walking and heard my name again. This time closer. "Tatiana!" I turned around and saw my friend. "Nicholas." I said. "How is Alexi?" He asked. Shrugging, I replied "No news."

We walked a few distance to his house where I am greeted by his mother. She has the same facial features as Nicholas. "Tatiana, nice to see you." She said. "Have you heard?" She continued. Everyone nodded "no". "The Nazis have already invaded Russia, but near the polish border."

I jumped from the table and dash to the door as tears stung my eyes. I felt two hands grab me and wrap me in a hug. I knew it was Nick. "Tati." He said. Nick cupped my chin with one hand and with the other wiped my tears away.

I told me I needed air and he offered to walk me home. The Nazis were close I could feel it. We arrived at my house and my mum wasn't there. Nick and I searched the entire house but no one was there. "Where is she?" Tatiana said.

"Over, Here!" Nicholas yelled to get my attention. "It's a note." I almost whisper. "Read it." Nicholas said. I let out a deep breath and read the note. "Dear my lovely Tatiana,
You are probably wondering where I am. Well the answer is simple... Since the Nazis invaded the cities near the polish border. I went to see my mother if she is doing ok. See you in a few weeks, mother"

She was stunned and shocked. Then she broke the silence. "I can't believe that she did this to me! Leaving when we are in the middle of war!" Nicholas opened his mouth to speak but Tatiana cut him off. "And don't get me started about Alexi!" She said then ripped the note.

**************************************************************************

Alexi was on the home front fighting the Nazis. "Give up!" A Nazi soldier yelled. Andrew, Alexi's army friend fired at the insulting Nazi. Alexi and Andrew were known as the complete package in the war. They were hot, good looking and incredibly kind.

Andrew stared deep into Alexi's almost green eyes and said. "These dirty Nazis, think they can beat us they have another thing come-" He started before he was cut off by a ton of bullets being fired. Alexi said to Andrew. "The cold will destroy their spirit to fight!"

Andrew's brown eyes sparkled in the snow as the cold was freezing the Nazis side. "We need to get the Nazis back into Germany!" Andrew said before throwing a grenade at the opposing side.

"Blitzkrieg." Alexi said. "What!" Andrew yelled. "Take cover!" Another Russian soldier yelled. The Russians and even the Nazis bolted before a huge bomb landed on them.

As the smoke cleared, bodies laid helpless on the snow covered ground. Most bodies were bleeding, as their blood covered the pure white snow.

Twitching, Alexi's almost green eyes opened to reveal light. Groggily he sat up and made sure his body parts were still attached to him.

He looked again and saw Andrew waking up. Alexi let out a sigh of relief. He was glad Andrew is still alive. "A wise man, never gives up!" Andrew muttered under his breath and Alexi had just heard him.

Gun shoots from above proved the war was still on. This is just the beginning of what is meant to be a life changing situation.