Chapter Seven- The Explosion

Buildings were blowing up one after the other. Every Time a building blew up, soldiers ran. Nick and Tatiana scanned the surroundings and the soldiers. None appeared to be Alexi.

Just then a solider ran into them. "Ouch!" They both said in unison. She scanned the uniform and noticed he is from the Red Army.

"Do you know Alexi?" She asked. "Yea. I know Alexi." Andrew said. "I'm Nick and the girl is Tatiana, Alexi's sister." He introduced them. "Andrew and I'm friends with Alexi." They followed Andrew to where Alexi is.

"Before you enter put these on. And he handed them the Red Army uniform. "Even me?" Tatiana asked. Andrew nodded. After a few moments Nick and Tati, were in the uniforms. Nick helped her put her hair under the hat.

They slipped right in and past the officer general. They arrived in what appeared to be a secret base. "Whoa!" Nick said, his mouth dropping open. "Can I take this off now!" Tatiana asked. "You two can take off the uniform." Andrew said.

Just then the zipper got stuck on the jacket she was wearing. "Ah, Nick. Help." She said. As Nick tried to help her a solider came in. He wasn't speaking Russian but instead he was speaking German.

He came unarmed. The Nazi looked around and noticed Nick and Tati in the corner. Andrew was standing as an obstacle between them. The Nazi pushed Andrew and then stood right behind Nick.

He turned and pushed Nick. He fell, but didn't stay down for long. He pushed Tatiana into the corner. "You're one pretty solider." The Nazi said.

She grabbed the nearest thing close to her. Whacking the sleazy Nazi on the head. He fell, and on the way down hitting his head on the wooden table.

She ran to Nick and then Andrew, still struggling with her jacket. "You would make an awesome soldier." Andrew said to her. "Thanks." She said giving him a half smile.

In the distance more soldiers came in. Andrew handed Nick a machine gun. Tatiana with her metal rod. They lowered their weapons when they heard the familiar voice. Tatiana pushed past Andrew and fast walked towards the voice.

"Alexi?" She asked with a question in her voice. "Tati, what are you doing here?" Alexi said through gritted teeth. "I came to see you." She said. "I can't risk losing another family member." Alexi said.

"Wait, What?" She said confused. "You didn't know?" He said. Then a bomb fell on the building and everyone scattered. Alexi pushed his sister out of the way. Nick, Andrew and the other Red Army soldiers left the room, leaving an unconscious nazi in the room.

"Alexi's still in there." Andrew yelled. "Tatiana too!" Nick yelled. When the smoke cleared the ruin of their base came down. They got to clearing the ruins for the two siblings. Spencer and Luke came across Alexi's body. Together they pulled him out, lying him flat on the ground. Nick and Andrew were working to find Tatiana.

"Andrew! We can't find her before night!" Nick said. "Don't worry, we will find her." Andrew said. "I found another body!" Another soldier said. "Joseph found her!" Andrew added.

Rushing over, it wasn't the Joseph, Andrew thought. "Tell me, how a girl got in here?" Joseph Stalin said. There was a brief moment of silence before Andrew said anything. "It's my fault. I wasn't paying any attention to the people coming in." He said. He knew Stalin wasn't buying it.

"Honestly, she came looking for her brother." Nick said. Alexi's eyes opened and he saw everyone arguing. "Stop!" He yelled. All the soldiers ran and lined up, even Nick. "Nick, what are you doing?" Alexi asked. "You scared me." He replied.

Slowly Tatiana's eyes opened. Looking up, a massive bomb was going to fall on top of them. She got up and yelled. "Run!" All the soldiers scattered.

As the surrounding area blew up in flames, the smoke reaching the air. It was only a matter of time before they would lose. It was nearly the end of 1942, and the Red Army was close to surrender.