Chapter eleven

It had been two months since then and to the naked, and masked, eye Marinette had returned to her former, happier and optimistic self. But deep down inside of her, a cold hand had a bulldog like grip on her heart. Lurking deep within her there was a prowling beast just waiting for it's time to strike and drag her back into its lair. But despite her depression and forcing herself to act better she didn't have to act in front of Chat.

There were days when he'd come over and Marinette would be ecstatic at just being able to see her friend. And then there were days when the beast had jumped and grappled her, only for her knight to save her from its clawed grasp once more. This was one of those nights. While Marinette had healed since the akuma incident and she was now back to her usual workout regime, she was still being bullied. Adrien had saved her today from Lila's taunts and physical contact, but Kagami had yelled at him.

Marinette had caused the boy and his girlfriend to fight and she hated that. She had walked up to Kagami and apologized for causing any disruption and thanked Adrien before turning around only to be pulled from behind and to fall onto her butt. She didn't feel her purse around her shoulder anymore. Tikki! She remembered nearly yelling. She started looking around fearfully and turning behind to see Kagami with a smug smirk, holding her bag and going through it.

Marinette's eyes widened in fear as she jumped up and snatched the bag away from the girl, barely getting it and only being able to hold one of the now two piece strap to look through it, looking fearfully in it and finding two bits missing. She looked around again, this time turning in drastic directions as tears threatened to spill, all stopping when the previously thought missing kwami whispered in her ear saying she was hiding in her pigtails.

She gave a sigh of relief and turned to look at Kagami who was holding Marinette's phone and giving it a look of satisfaction at what she found. "I knew you and him were in a relationshi-" "Kagami give it to me now." Adrien said, a dangerous glare in his eyes as he held his hand out for the phone.

"What, why? No I think I'll hold onto it for a little longer, that'll be fine," she continued on sarcastically, "right Mari?" "Please just give me my phone back." Marinette whispered as tears threatened to spill out of her eyes. "Kagami. Her phone. Now." Adrien's voice was cold and steely. It would be a lie to say it didn't send a shiver of fear down the two girl's spines.

"W-why? Why should I?" Kagami struggles to keep her voice steady as she stared into her boyfriend's green eyes. "Because it isn't yours. Return it. Now." His eyes were that of a predator's, just ready to pounce if she showed any declining. Staring into his eyes Kagami was reminded of that morning so many months ago. Adrien's eyes weren't completely green, like how Chat's replaced the whites in his eyes, with black pupils, but his green eyes still held the same ferocity.

"Well fine, here Marinette, you want your phone? Catch!" And with that Kagami throws the phone with as much force as possible at Marinette. Everyone watched as the phone hurtled towards Marinette, expecting it to hit her and hurt her.

Only, it doesn't. It doesn't hit her. Marinette's superhero reflexes kick in, causing her to do a sideways back flip, landing perfectly, and then catch the phone in mid air all in one breath before straightening up from the crouch she was in and sighing in relief. "Kagami can I please have my purse back?" She asks, a worried look still plastered on her face as if nothing had happened. Marinette wasn't able to get the purse completely to look for Tikki, just part of the strap so that she could look in it.

As soon as the look of surprise passed from Adrien's it was immediately replaced by a lovesick grin. Everyone in the schoolyard was in awe at the stunt. Kagami even dropped the purse out of sheer shock and tried to get Adrien to walk to the car with her only to find that she couldn't get his focus off of Marinette, who was now picking her bag back up and thanking Kagami for returning it. With a glare Kagami stomped away from the school, going unnoticed by the group of students now huddling around Marinette and telling her how cool the move was and asking how she did it.