Chapter nine

Marinette didn't get that much sleep after Chat Noir had left. Her friends stayed for another hour or two before each going home to their awaiting families. Even after that she still stayed up later than she should have, the only thing keeping her awake was her determination and new cheerful mood from her friend's visit. It was nice to know that Chat felt he could trust her enough to detransform in her room.

Not only that but it also didn't hurt to know that he liked the clothing she gave him, seeing as how he complimented the designs and fabrics while eating. So when she showed up to school, bags under her eyes and a cup of coffee in hand while wearing a brand new lookalike of the hoodie she gave her kitty just last night everyone was surprised.

Only Alya, Luka, and her parents knew about the superheroe's visit so everyone just complimented the jacket, saying that they were jealous and wishing they had one. So it wasn't the jacket that surprised them, oh no it surely was not, it was the fact that she was smiling and returning their greetings. It left them speechless when Adrien showed up, his nose stuffed but all healed up since the previous night, and greeted her. He had, as well as everyone else and the girlfriend clinging to his hand, expected Marinette to ignore him.

Instead she greeted him with a small smile and a wave. These actions, no matter how simple or small, caused the entire schoolyard to go silent and stiff. Everyone's face brightened when they saw their friends talk to each other, even if only ones words were said and the other spoke in actions.

Kagami's face held a look of pure fury at the girl in front of her as her boyfriend's cheeks grew a slight pink tint. "See you later Kagami, have fun." He said giving her a hurried kiss to the temple before walking distractedly over to Nino.

Forgetting their casual fist bump upon greeting Nino immediately pat his back yelling out words like "Dude!" and "How did you do it man?" It was then that Adrien looked over to Marinette, who was currently speaking to her group of female friends, and noticed that she had, indeed, made another hoodie. He also noticed the bags under her eyes and the coffee in hand.

"That's just the thing Nino, I didn't do anything." Adrien said, his gaze lingering on the bluenette. If one, two counting the hospital visit, visit from Chat Noir did this what could even more do! Maybe Marinette would finally return to how she used to be! "Come on Nino, let's go ask if we can walk to class with them!" Adrien said with a Grin as he and Nino both made their ways over to Alya and Marinette. Their little pack of lionesses had gone their separate ways to walk to class.

"May we join you ladies?" Nino asked and Alya nodded before slipping under his arm. Marinette took another drink of her coffee, staring at something in her sketchbook, which she held with one hand. "Whatcha lookin at Marinette?" Adrien asked excitedly, making Marinette jolt and nearly drop her things. "Ah! Sorry!" He exclaimed, the feeling of stupidity flooding his mind.

What surprised him however was the fact that Marinette DID indeed drop her things! She had dropped down, caught them while doing a backflip, and stunted the landing on a bench! "Holy shit Marinette! When did you learn that! You have seriously gotta show me your workout regime!"  Alya exclaims as the schoolyard's students clap and cheer at the sight.

Marinette slightly hissed in pain as she got down from the bench, nodding to a few people with an embarrassed smile.

It was like this for the most of the day, Marinette being quiet but the old wave of happiness she used to radiate was coming back. The next day she came back, wearing the hoodie much to Adrien's delight, after her morning foot patrol a little bit less quiet.

Adrien was overjoyed at the sight of his friend becoming much like her old self. On the third day she was just as quiet as she had been but it was a calm quiet, everyone could tell that something was happening to make Marinette come back out of her shell so quickly.

It was his fourth visit as Chat Noir that he confirmed it was himself that was helping his friend. "You seem happier lately Princess, something good happen?" Chat asked, a small smile on his face. "Yeah, well it's nice to have someone to talk to every once in a while. I guess I owe you a thank you." Marinette said, her smile lighting up the room as she looked up from her English homework.

"Well I'm glad to be of service, after all a knight is supposed to protect his Princess's happiness as much as her life." He said, giving a bow and receiving a giggle as she passed him a paper bag full of goodies. "You said that you never get to eat sweets so I've started packing you some. Plus they're in the same bag that all of the customers get so I'd never be able to find out your identity through it." She said, watching as he opened the bag and immediately had a smile brighter than the sun.

"Thanks Princess! This is pawsome!" He grinned and looked at her as she rolled her eyes but laughed softly at the pun. His visits were long, usually ranging from one to two hours, but he didn't need conversations to stay. Sure they were nice but he also enjoyed Marinette's presence.

When Marinette excused herself to go use the bathroom Chat got an idea. He looked over to the girl's phone, unlocking it with a little difficulty, and was surprised to see his, er well Adrien's, number in the girl's phone already. At least it was his old number, his old phone had been destroyed during an akuma attack so he had to replace it. It caused him to change his number, which he was immensely grateful for at the moment.

So, leaving his old number alone instead of replacing the tag with his name, he created a new contact. He'd text Marinette during her day at school to ensure she continued to stay happy. She was one of the only people in the entire city to have never been akumatized and he wanted to keep it that way.

Plus being able to text his Princess was an added bonus. Before she returned he had the brilliant idea of replacing her wallpaper. So of course he went to the camera, and prepared to take a picture of himself before Marinette came back up. She yawned as Chat hid the phone behind him. "I'm going to go to bed now Chat, I have to wake up early." She said, walking past him and laying down on her bed.

She was about to bid him goodnight when he laid down on her, wrapping his arms around her. Her face immediately started to turn a bright pink, she didn't protest however seeing as she enjoyed playing with his hair. In doing so she was only lulled to sleep more by his purring.

Falling asleep, her hands slipped down to lay on his back and waist. He took the picture then, with the both of them smiling happily as they hold one another. When Marinette really did fall asleep he tucked her in and bid her goodnight.

Little did he know that a certain girl was riding by in her car. Little did he know that the girl had taken a picture of him leaving Marinette's room. Little did he know that girl was Kagami, that girl was his girlfriend.