Chapter 4

"Will you join me, otouto?" Madara said as he looked at his little brother, nervously. He couldn't accept it if he refused. Izuna was the only person that Madara wanted to be at his side always. He was like his other half. Whenever he wasn't, he would feel a big hole in his heart as if he was missing something crucial.

"I..." The youngest Uchiha frowned slightly. "Hn." Izuna said and started walking away.

"Izuna, Wait! What's your answer?" Madara shouted, making the ravenette stop in his tracks. Madara bit his lip, not wanting to hear a negative response to his question.

Izuna looked back at Madara with furrowed brows. "I will think about it, Madara." He said before teleporting away.

Madara frowned and clenched his fist as a tear slid down his cheek. "Please forgive me, Izuna. I hope you join me. I don't want to hurt my only brother." He looked at the first two statues where the Hokage's face was carved out. He glared at it with pure hatred. "This is all your fault Senju! Especially you, Tobirama!" He clicked his tongue and then disappeared in a swirl.

.

With Izuna...

Izuna walked towards the Uchiha compound. He couldn't believe that he saw his older brother young and alive again. Of course, he was happy to know that Madara was alive, but something held him back from hugging the older Uchiha. Maybe it was his guilt of dying because of that Senju or perhaps it was the fact that Izuna couldn't come to terms by the fact that his brother had ignored his advice and joined hands with the Senju brothers even though they were the ones who killed his younger brother. Granted the Uchiha clan were alive if Madara was telling the truth, but that didn't mean that he was happy that most of their clan was wiped out by the very village that he was residing in at the moment.

Yes, that's right. Izuna had heard the hushed whispers of the council about why the Uchiha Clan was wiped out. And just to be sure he had looked at the mind of one of the people who had a hand in the massacre. He knew that his clan would die if they joined the Senju, but no one listened to him. Izuna stopped and looked at the compound in front of him and sighed. He climbed the stairs until he reached the roof. Izuna laid down on the roof of the Uchiha compound and closed his eyes, remembering the old times.

.

Flashback

A four-year-old Izuna looked at the katana in his hand solemnly.

"What's wrong, otouto?" A voice said.

Izuna looked up and saw Madara standing in front of him with a worried expression. "It's nothing." He mumbled and looked away from his brother's calculating gaze.

Madara sighed and put his hand on Izuna's raven hair. "Did anyone hurt you? If they did..."A Shadow covered his eyes. "I'll incinerate them!"

"No nothing like that!" Izuna said hurriedly. "Ryuji said that you would betray me, one day."

Madara's eyes widened. He quickly hugged Izuna small form. "I promise I won't betray you, Izuna and that I will listen to your advice." He stepped back from the hug and looked at his younger brother.

"But what if-"

"No buts!" Madara cut in. "I promise!"

Izuna sighed. "Okay aniki. Pinky swear?" Izuna said nervously.

Madara's eyes softened. "Hn, pinky swear. Tell you what, when I become the clan head you'll be my righthand man and advisor. How does that sound otouto?"

Izuna's eyes sparkled. "Really, aniki?!"

"Hn."

"Thank you aniki!" Izuna said as he hugged his older brother tightly.

Madara smiled slightly. "You're welcome, Izuna."

Flashback end...

.

Izuna opened his eyes. You broke your promise, Madara. I want to join you, but I'm afraid If I do, you would betray my trust again. Should I take a chance and trust you again? Izuna looked at the moon. Maybe just one more time...one more chance....yes I'll trust you again however if you betray my trust you won't live to regret it.