Chapter Seven: That Moment (editing)

"Sarah, please eat you fish," my mother ordered in a caring voice. 

          "I'm not hungry," I snap at my mom. 

"You haven’t touched anything on your plate. Is something wrong? Did something happen with that boy?"

"No, mom I'm fine; I'm just not hungry. Can I go now?" 

"I guess, please bus your plate," she said. I do exactly that and head straight for my room.

Once in my room I let myself fall on my bed. Earlier after I got the message, I locked myself in my room and hid the cell phone in the back of my jeans drawer, so I wouldn't be tempted to read it again. I didn't talk to anyone until dinner and even then I only spoke when asked a question. 

I know I'm not supposed to come to conclusions without talking to him, but what am I supposed to think girls don't just randomly text 'hey babe<3' to there guy friend or even there crush. I hear a knock on the door, which brings me out of my upsetting thoughts. 

"I'm not in the mood to talk," I say figuring it's one of my parents. I don't want to talk about my feelings or what’s going on to anyone other than Ivy. Who are miles and miles away. The door opens and to my surprise it's Nick. He doesn't say anything until he's seated right next to me.

"What do you want?" I grumble, "You never just come into my room unless you want something out of it."

"I wanted to come talk to you," he says in a caring way, "I know something’s up. You won't eat your grumpier then usual, and you've barely said a word to anyone since you got home."

"Since when do you care about what's going on," I say avoiding eye contact.

"I've always cared Sarah so tell me what's up?" He asked fumbling with his hands.

"You remember Owen?" I could feel him looking at me, so I look up to meet his eye contact. 

"What did he do to you?" Nick asked. He was getting protective I could tell by the defense in his voice. 

"Nothing, he didn't do anything," I told him. It was actually the truth he didn't do anything. 

"Are you sure because if he did I will knock him out cold," Nick was defiantly getting protective over me. 

"Yes, I'm positive, and I can take care of myself." 

"Okay, so if he didn't do anything what happened that made you this upset?" He asked; a confused expression crossed his face. 

"He gave me his sweatshirt after surfing and told me I could keep it, but when I got inside I found his phone in the sweatshirt." 

"Alright so..." 

"His phone buzzed, and I may have looked at the message to see if he had texted his phone, but it was a girl who had said 'hey babe' and there was a heart after it." I was out of breath by the time I was done talking.