Chapter Eight: Butterflies (editing)

"So then he kissed me," I told Nichole.

            Nichole screeched so loud; I thought I would go deaf.

            "You guys are going to be so cute!" Nichole said to me and smiled a great big smile.

            Nichole came over after Owen had dropped me off at my house. He told me he would pick me up at 7 pm. She had only been here for ten minutes and immediately asked how Owen was. Since she's the closest person I have to friend in this town; I wanted to tell her what happened.

            "Oh my gosh, I'm so happy right now! You and him are just.." She sighed. "He's so sweet; I just can't believe you guys are dating." Nichole exclaimed. "You know he has a twin sister right?"

"No, what's her name?" I said a little fascinated in her. "He only told me about Brooke his younger sister, but he didn’t talk about his parents. I didn’t even know he had another sister."

"Her name is Virginia, and that's not very surprising that he didn't tell you he doesn't like to talk about his family a lot."

"Oh really, why? " I asked her confused by her answer.

"He will tell you in time. Virginia is nice though you should ask to meet her sometime." Nichole told me. "We hang out sometimes when Owen and Connor get together for volleyball, but now you can hang out with us too!" She smiled and waited for my reply. 

"Okay, sure," I said and smiled. 

"So where is he taking you?" She asked me.

"I-" I started and then got caught off. Nichole was a very talkative person. Sometimes she doesn't stop and think before saying something. 

"I bet he's going to take you to 'Top Of The Hill;' it's a really cute restaurant near the lighthouse! Maybe he'll take you to the lighthouse afterwards and you guys could look over the whole ocean! That would be so romantic! Oh my you guys are just so adorable; I wish my relationship was more like yours..." Nichole looked down but suddenly snapped her head up and covered her mouth. Her eyes went wide as if she'd said something wrong. She took her hands away from her mouth. "I shouldn't have said that. My relationship is wonderful, and I really couldn't ask for a better boyfriend... Sometimes though I wish that it was more romantic."

"I understand what you mean. Every girl wants that fairytale relationship, but that doesn't normally happen. If your happy with Connor, which I know, you are, it's written all over your face. You tell that you both are in love." I smiled and winked at her. Nichole was a good person she deserved to be happy. 

"Thanks so much Sarah! I'm so glad I met you." Nichole leaned in and gave me a great big hug. I smiled it felt good to have a friend around, someone that you can trust. "I didn't even let you finish my question though," she said. Her big brown eyes getting real big, and she twisted her dirty blond hair around her index finger waiting for my response.