Chapter 13

"Fuck angels, huh?" said William vastly amused. He smirked as he turned over whatever it was that was cooking in the sizzling skillet. Tossing it over all onto his plate a moment later, he looked up to catch me staring at him. But his expression was not amused now. Nor was it even remotely friendly.

"You know its not going to matter?" William whispered to me over my shoulders.

"Huh," I said confused.

"Your ogling my fine form," he smirked up at me," Its just like a kid at a candy store."

I glared ferociously at him and even let out a mild snarl. I purposely moved away and went to sit on his lounging chair. I was certainly to rub around properly as I sat to be sure the stench was solidly encased within.

"It doesn't matter. I was intending to throw that piece out anyway. The springs on it is a little hard. Not at all conducive to a good fuck," he said.

I all but openly snarled at him. Why was he doing this? Why was he being mean? Could he not afford me even sn exiguous amount of respect? What was it that he was so angry about?

Looking at me then he signed unhappily. "I am sorry. I know I am being mean but you have to know its not about you, Sara. Its whom you're wearing. The Gabriel and I go a long way back and it was not all friendly and that was before he turned into cloak and draped himself over me draining me of skin, flesh and blood. I think he did it with some relish. I know you won't believe this but he treats you way better than how he treated me. I was kept in pain...for ever...each and every day."

I winced hearing that. I had been thinking about that too. "I don't think that was intentional William." But he only shook his head not willing to listen to me. "It's me. I am half mortal. I don't regenerate as quickly as you do. Who knows my flesh once eaten is as good as gone. I might never survive the removal of the cloak?" I shrugged indifferently at William horrified expression."It doesn't really matter. The plus side is I feel no continual pain. Thst first time was it. Once all my pain receptors were eaten away that was it. It's why I am more degenerated then you ever were. I simply don't repair as easily... if at all."