Chapter 1

Sara James's pov

I couldn't believe I had agreed to this. Of all the asinine idea Fin has had in the past thirty years this was the very worst.

I trudged through the muddy fields after his determined strides. I stared after his fading form wryly. I should just stop right here. By the way he was going he would only notice my absence once he's finally reached his destination. Stonehenge. This was what desperation did to an angel. He resorted to believing in myths.

I shook my head and moved faster using my cloak's abilities to glide over a mass of brown gue that could only be more mud and sludge and made my way across the moores. Then we were there. With Fin standing in its epic centre flexing his large white feathered wings suspiciously. I couldn't help the grin that couldn't show on my forever yawning skeletal face. A large flesh eating bug spilled out to splatter onto the earth before me. Absentmindedly I lifted my staff to crush it.

After thirty odd years or so I was a weary of the bloody bugs that inhabited the cloak with me. Not only did they spill forth at the most unusual circumstances but they littered. They freaking caused a mess everywhere. And stank too. Did I mention the stench. The oh god I have to puke kind of stench that rose just a shade above the stench of puke itself.

I looked up at the sound of a cracked twig. Fin was twirling. I cocked my head at him in amazement. What was he doing? This was broad daylight. Who knew when the next bussload of tourist would descend on us. We of course had our alibi all ready. I would claim to be Death and Fin would claim he was an angel. No one would surely question the obvious. I only hoped they were Japanese. I hear they were unequal in taking photos. I could use a couple of good shots of delicious Fin. It surely saved me the effort of trying to hide my blatant ogling. Not that he'd notice. Not that he could notice. That was the plus of not actually having a pair of eyes. He couldn't tell where I was looking.

I stopped just short of the circle anf promptly fell ungraciously to the ground. I would sit back and observe Fin make a fool of himself. It would serve as new fodder for when I next resorted to teasing him.

But the joke was on me. The brilliant sun shone on his glistening broad back. Muscles twitched and flexed as he felt his way around each slab of rock. Even the whiteness of his wings were more pronounced in this light. My mouth watered. And when I say watered I just meant more slugs and such fell from its yawning depths.

I grimaced.

"You know this won't work," I muttered finally. Softly. Hesitantly. I didn't want to rouse his temper. He has been like an open keg of lately. Ready to go up in flames over the slightest provocation.

"Fuck you!" Fin snarled out viciously.

I shot upright and just stopped short of gliding in close and socking him one. I struggled to control it. The urge was strong. I was strong. The cloak made me stronger. This wouldn't have been the first time we had resorted to physical blows. Indeed we had stooped to doing just that each and everytime mother sent us off on a quest to rid myself of my cloak.

The very worst of our blowouts had been with the bloody witches. Those scags. They had been beautiful. Sensuous. And blatantly interested in fucking my Fin. But I couldn't allow it. Gabriel Finien belonged to me. He was mine. Mine. Mine. Mine.

My jealousy had raised its ugly head. So ugly I belatedly realised my insides were finally matching my face. I realised then the full capacity of this cloak. The unbound limits of the cloak. With so very little effort I could have...

"Wha... what are you doing?" I cried out suddenly.

Fin had turned on me. Stalking towards me in that positively lethal sexy strides of his. Stopping me quite literally in my tracks.

I shifted momentum and glided backwards. Shifting uncomfortably as he got closer. Shocked at the expression on his face. The unfullfilled lust on it.

"Fin," I breathed out shakily.

"I hate it!" He spat out. Still coming towards me. "I hate that cloak!"

A shot of spasm ran down where my spine would have been. I had been feeling it of late. My cloak's odd reaction to things. It started about ten years back and has been intensifying with time. More so with my frequent erotic daydreams. Dreams that drove my lust to fullfilling orgasms that the cloak seemed to love as much as I. It only got iffy when Fin was close. If I hadn't known better I would have said that the cloak was jealous of Fin.

As it obviously was now.

The flash of fire shot out from the sleeves of my cloak only just missing Fin.

I gasped in shock. But Fin appeared nonplussed by it. Just as he had been over all the other stranger things that the cloak had been doing. The lush bouquet of black orchids that even now hung down the side of my hood was just one of the many burst of wierdness from the cloak that Fin decidedly ignored.

He stopped just short of colliding into me.  Just a hairs breath away. I hoped he held his. Breath, I mean. I didn't want a whiff of me to knock him out before he's had his say.

"I can't even bloody kiss you," he whispered shockingly.

"You mean.. you want to?" I asked incredulously.

"Want?" He muttered vaguely as if already preoccupied. "You don't even have any bloody lips."

I winced. My head jerking back at the verbal assault. It hit square right on the mark.

"No! Fuck no! Don't you purposely missunderstand this!" He breathed out furiously. "You think I don't still desire you? That I don't still want you. You're bloody beautiful." He said seriously staring at my skeletal self. "Freaking beautiful." 

I was stunned. Did he really not see me? Was it like before when I had mother change my appearance and he still saw through it? Did he still see me as I was? But that very idea was short lived with his next comment.

"But look what you did to yourself."

Nope he clearly saw me as I was.

"And don't even get me started on how you almost caused heaven to not exist at all with your rabid stunt. I mean who fucking did that? Who went to die in heaven of all places? If god had not seen fit to allow me this space... to set things right.... I would have gone crazy...utterly crazy by now," he glared fiercely down at me.

"Well that's like the pot calling the kettle black," I burst out latching on that part of what he was saying that made some sense. "After what you tried to do to hell..," I trailed off then at his threatening look." I mean if it was alright for you to try to destroy my home then its fine for me to try and destroy yours...," I said trailing off finally as I stared at his blackening gaze then I gulped down my anxiety and became mute.

"So if I say I want to try everything I can to turn you back to the way you were...," he started ignoring all of my earlier comments, "... hell I'd settle for even a fraction of how you looked... just so that I can freaking kiss you..senseless..."

He rambled off in his rant stunning me into silence. He couldn't still feel that way. Not with me looking like this.

Freaking beautiful!

He was an angel. Of course he said pretty things like this. It was not true. He didn't mean it.

He couldn't.