8

An hour passes of Drake lecturing us about the do's and don'ts of his class, his grading scale, what to expect, blah blah blah. The only thing that kept me awake was knowing that he wanted to see me after class. Not the girl that tried to get his attention. Me.

It's probably to scold me for teasing him. That it's inappropriate of me to behave in such a manner. The old Lilly knows this. But the new one is out for blood. Or perhaps something different. My old best friend would have tormented me into oblivion for liking anyone that was attractive in her eyes. She reminded me that I wasn't enough for guys like them constantly, and that she was enough.

I retain my anger as Rebecca has noticed something off. "You okay?" She places a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, bad memory." Becca thankfully lets it go and seconds later Drake is dismissing us. "Hey, don't wait up."

"Why?" Rebecca asks as we walk out of the aisle and into the sea of students pushing through each other to get out of the room.

"I need some clarification about something on the syllabus." I lie. She believes it though, nodding her head and giving me a goodbye hug before joining the rest of the students in pushing each other.

I feel like all I've done is lie to her since I've met her. I've never been a liar. But I met Drake around the same time. Folding my arms across my chest I push the conflicting thoughts out of my head for the time being, to focus on the situation at hand. The room has now been emptied and I'm completely alone with Drake for the time being.

"You wanted me to stay after, Professor Parker?" I ask in a teasing tone.

He's taken a seat at his desk and motions for me to come forward. "I did do such a thing," he smiles as I come nearer to him.

"Why?"

"To talk," he sighs. His eyes fall from my face to my chest, then to my hips, before returning back to my face. "Why did you feel the need to dress so provocatively today?" His tone takes on a more serious one and I suddenly feel embarrassed.

"To show you what your missing out on," I say in an attempt to feel confident in a situation that is slowly stripping me of said thing.

"So let me get this straight," Drake leans back in his desk chair, squinting his eyes at me as if to scrutinize me. "You thought you would wear a revealing outfit to class and that I'd what?" He pauses.

"I-I don't know." I sigh to keep myself from crying.

"That I'd bend you over my desk after class?" Drake prods, noticing that I'm upset.

"I-," I cross my feet and bite down on my lip as he stands up.

"I will not tolerate you coming into my lectures, acting like a whore," his voice is raised and I physically have to take a step back from him.

Whore.

"What did you just call me?" I fight the memories that are inching their way into my head to distract me from the situation at hand.

Clearly defeated, Drake falls back into his chair. "I'm sorry."

"You fucking better be," I scold. "I can wear whatever the hell I want and act like whatever I want."

His eyes meet mine and I see an emotion in them that I can't quite read. "You're dismissed."

Not hesitating for even a second, I make my way to the door, slinging my backpack over my shoulders. I power walk my way back to the dorm and come in calmly. Becca doesn't need to know that my "meeting" with Drake went terribly wrong and that it was anything but academic related.