5

"The professors will be sticking around for further questions," Dr. Robins beams from behind the podium as a round of applause sounds around the room.

"We should go talk to Professor Parker," Becca says to me as she grabs my hand and pulls me towards the English booth set up across the room.

"Why?" I swallow the anxiety bubbling within me and I take a deep breath.

"We are both taking his class," she wiggles her eyebrows and continues to pull me through the crowd of freshmen. "And he's cute."

Cute? No. Sexy.

I try to stand my ground, but am no match to the strength that is hidden somewhere inside Becca. I notice other people in the room, catching a few stares from hot guys. Not as hot as Drake of course. Rebecca begins to say something but before I can ask for clarification we are standing feet away from Drake. Feet. I practically piss myself in nervousness, trying to stay out of his line of sight. We are too close. This isn't good. Of course Rebecca doesn't care, yanking me in front of her and practically putting me directly in front of the sexy man.

Fear. That's the first thing I see in his eyes when ours meet. I try to remain cool but I just can't, knowing that all I wanted to do was press my lips against his. Rebecca notices the discomfort and speaks for me. "The two of us have your class on Monday," she smiles.

"Really? That's great." He immediately ignores me, his "full" attention now on Becca.

"What kind of things can we expect this semester?" She asks, her tone completely serious and a few dirty thoughts cross my mind. "We'll be analyzing all different types of works, briefly touching on poetry. And plenty of essays will be written." Drake finishes, his gaze not even wavering.

"I'm majoring in journalism," Rebecca adds. She goes on to explain other things to him. I give her a look, nodding my head to the bathrooms across the room. She nods in response whilst continuing to talk to Drake. I know my cheeks are red but I wasn't expecting anyone to call me out on it. But it happened. A guy, definitely handsome, had stopped me in my tracks. "Are you okay?"

"Uh?" I stammer and look anywhere but his face, "Y-yeah." 

"You look a little flushed," he adds. "I'm Peter." Extending his hand, he waits for a reply. I choose not to respond, but I limply shake his hand. After my hand falls back to my side I try to walk past him. But he follows. Take a hint. "Aren't you going to tell me your name?"

"No," is all I say before walking again. This time his doesn't stop me, but keeps in step with me.

"Was it the way I approached you?" He asks, but I don't reply. "Because you are just really pretty and I needed a reason to talk to you without sounding weird." Okay. That's kinda cute. Cut the guy some slack.

"Next time Peter, don't begin a conversation with an insult." I smirk, keeping my face straight.

"Oh," he pauses. "There'll be a next time?" Now he's the one with the smirk on his face as mine is erased by his sly comment. "I'm just kidding." He continues, seeing my change in attitude.

"You really know how to pick up chicks huh?" I teasingly say, stopping in my tracks to hear his response.

"Well, I'm usually good with women, except for right now." This then his face turns read and I cease the opportunity to insult him.

"Are you feeling okay? Flushed?"

"Shut up," he groans. "Can I just get your number?"

I wait momentarily but decide to give it to him anyway. Looks like Drake isn't going to work out and Peter seems nice enough to give him a shot. As I type my number into his phone, he runs his hands through his ruffled blonde hair. His eyes are a similar shade of blue to mind, just a tad bit icier. Immediately after handing back his phone I spin on my heel to meet back up with Becca. "Wait!" Peter lightly grabs my forearm and the skin of his hand is wildly smooth to the touch.