6

D R A K E
Can we talk?

D R A K E
pls

- - -

Unsure of how to appropriately respond, knowing now that this was no longer a casual relationship but yet a teacher x student relationship, I planned a response in my head. In case these messages were ever recovered, I would need to sound as professional as possible. I can't get kicked out of a school for having an inappropriate relationship with my professor, that wouldn't do. Especially with the fucked up things that men have inflicted upon me in the past, I would not let it continue. I must be strong.

The hairs on the back of my neck rise as the scraggly beard comes into view. The rough, calloused hands that had been used to beat me, torture me...

I tried to keep myself together as memories flooded in. I simultaneously pushed them out, focusing on the less dangerous task at hand.

- - -

D R A K E
Did you give me the wrong number?

M E
Hello, it's Lilly

D R A K E
Thank God.

D R A K E
Are you free tonight?

M E
Yes

- - -

So much for having a professional response!
Drake had followed my response with his address, asking me to meet at his place, as it would be the safest spot.

Knowing I've made the same mistake with men before, I was wary of going to a man's house, alone. But for some reason I had a strange trust in Drake. He seems genuine. I hope I'm right.

"Becca?" I call out for her. No response. "Horny bitch!" I yell a bit louder than before.

She removes her headphones and looks back at me from her desk. "Yes my non-horny virgin roommate?" She precedes her statement with a wink.

"I'm heading over to a guys house," I say. I slightly stumble over the words as they are truly foreign to me in such a construction.

"Okay, I'm listening."

"He invited me over to talk tonight, if I need a rescue I'll send you his address." I smile.

"To talk?" She leans back in her chair, the old rusted contraption creaking from her every movement. "That's boring, but okay. Try to have fun." Becca sends me a warm smile before putting her headphones back on and drifting back into whatever she was previously doing.

I check my appearance in the mirror. Black leggings paired with an old t-shirt that I had turned into a crop top. I slip on some black flip flops and order an uber. I grab my purse and throw my pack of gum inside. Just incase. Just incase what? He couldn't resist me. Shut up Lillian. You're a literal child.

Choking on my own spit, I open the door and head to where the uber's pick up students. There is a pick up and drop off spot which I think is a really cool, innovative idea. They're already waiting for me by the time I'm there so I waste no time sliding in the back seat. 10 minutes pass and we are in front of a mansion. "Is this the right place?" I ask the man driving the car and he just simply shrugs. I get out and head towards the double front doors. I press the ornate looking doorbell and I hear it ring within the house.