4

"Shit!" Becca groans from the the other side of the room just after the sound of a small thud, waking me from my restless slumber.

"Rebecca?" I open my eyes and look over towards the door. It better be her, I don't have a baseball bat.

"Did I wake you?" She says worriedly. Instantly sighing, I close my eyes and roll on my side, facing her.

Holding back a laugh I say, "Obviously." But before she responds with an apology I cut her off. "How'd it go?"

"Best sex I've ever had!" She squeals. "It's fucking dark in here."

I glance at the clock beside me before answering. "It's 4am, what do you expect?" I tease and I hear her collapse on to her bed.

"My sleep deprivation was worth it."

"Spare me the details," I roll onto my other side and drift back to sleep with only one person on my mind.

"I wanna here about you," she whines. "I saw you grinding that ass on a tall hottie!"

Trying not to laugh I respond, "He gave me his number," I say with little emotion. I don't want to give too much away. I'm like a child who was just given the cutest puppy in the world.

"And?" She presses.

"That's all," I yawn and hope she gets the hint that I'm exhausted. Thankfully she does and I can cram in a few more hours of sleep before our second, on campus freshman orientation.

—-

My alarm woke me up this time, signaling that its time to get ready for the public eye. Rebecca groans obnoxiously and grumbles, "turn it off."

I do so, not just for her benefit but for my own as well. Getting out of bed, goosebumps immediate form along my arms that are exposed to the cool air. Who turned the air down? "Do you know if we have a thermostat in here?" I grumble and grab a jacket from the closet to wear for the time being.

"Nope," her voice is raspy, making it hard to understand her and I presume it's hard for her to speak.

I gather my things that I'll need for my shower and place them in my designated bath duffel bag. It's bright purple so I'll never lose it and has my name stitched on the front. My mom's doing of course. "Underwear," I mumble and pull a pair out, "check." Then I go back to the closet, "Flip flops," I pause as my eyes flicker over the dozens of pairs of shoes stored in the back corner. "Check," I murmur as I slip them on.

"Where are you going?" Rebecca speaks again.

"To shower, wanna come?" I ask while folding my clothes neatly into the bag.

"Yeah," she hesitantly peels the covers away from her body. "Shit it is cold in here."

I nod in agreement and go to our sink area where our toiletries are stored in the cabinets beneath. Making sure I grabbed my shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and razor, I go over the list of things again.

Rebecca casually throws random articles of clothing into the hot pink bag on her side. I don't know if she is even aware of the clothes she is choosing but I decide to let her be. She's tired. So am I.

"Ready?" I question.

"I think," she scratches her orange locks and removed her hair tie. I notice that she's still in last nights clothes and I shake my head playfully.

"Do you have a towel?" I sling my bag over my shoulder and tuck my hands into the pockets of my jacket.

"Yea-," she trails off in thought. "Actually no," Becca corrects herself and finds one rather quickly. "Now I'm ready."