Chapter 5~Alone

America had been walking for 3 hours when she decided she needed to rest. Her feet were killing her, not to mention she had already drank all of her water and only had a banana for "breakfast". So, yeah, she was hungry, dehydrated, and tired. She decided to stop and sit under a willow tree in the woods. As she sat down, she unzipped her bag and took out her phone. She saw that she over 200 text messages missed from her friends. She knew she shouldn't answer though so she decided to delete all of her contacts. She felt sadness grow inside of her as she hovered her finger over Russia's contact. She looked at his profile picture, one of him and her, yesterday while building a snowman. She smiled, but it quickly faded as she pressed the "delete contact" button. She felt so guilty after deleting everybody but knew it would keep them safe. She then went and looked at her directions. She still had 2 days and 5 hours left until she would get to Wanborne. She sighed, going to her home screen. She saw she had 60% battery and froze. "How am I supposed to know where I'm going if my battery is going to die?" She asked herself. I'll just remember how many miles and count while keeping the phone off until I've reached each mile, she thought. And so she decided to see how many miles she needed to walk in one direction and turned off her phone. She put it back in her bag and took out her water bottle. Surely there's a spring or river somewhere around... she said to herself. She stood up, her feet begging her to sit back down, and started walking off in the direction of Wanborne.

America was just 30 minutes away from her next turn when she could hear the sound of rippling water nearby. She quickly scanned the area, her mouth bitter and dry, begging for water. As she turned her full body around she saw in the distance a creek. She ran over to it. She was so thirsty. As America bent down and filled up her bottle, she screwed the cap back on, put it back in her bag, took her bag off, and bent down and started drinking the water.

(Time skip again uwu)

As America put back on her bag she had a thought, I should set up camp here for the night, it has water for me in the morning and I need to find something to eat. She didn't know how that would be possible, but, she knew that something would make its way along here. She decided that if she was going to hunt something down, she needed a weapon. She broke off and icicle from the tree next to the creek and held it in her hand. She looked around for a branch and, hopefully, something to tie the two together with. She broke off a bough that was really weak and put the two down in the snow. She took off her bag and put on her hat. It was getting colder and night was just around the corner. She saw she had a scarf in her bag and decided that she could use that to tie them together and she could just zip up her jacket to keep her neck warm during the night. She zipped her bag back up and put it back on her back. She picked up the icicle and the branch and began to tie the two together with her scarf. When she was done she decided she needed to go and find something to "use it on".

Night was drawing near and America could see that the creek was starting to freeze up. I just need to find some "food" and then try to make a fire to cook it with. She looked around and saw a bird in the sky. If only she had her bow and arrow. Damn! She thought. She should've brought her bow and arrows with her. She always went hunting with Canada on the weekends and used her favorite weapon, a bow. Everyone always said that she was a natural shooter ever since she was born, but she knew that she just practiced with it for a long time and advanced her skill set even more. She sighed and shook off the thought, looking for animals on the ground to hunt. She looked for 30 minutes. Nothing. 1 hour. Nothing. She was starting to think that nothing would come.

As an hour and a half was rolling in, a bunny came by running by. It stopped in its tracks when it saw America. She felt bad knowing that she would have to kill it to survive. America and the bunny looked each other in the eyes. All of a sudden, it was like someone had counted down for a race, America got up and leaped at the rabbit. It ran away and America followed. America was fast, but only because she was tall. As the bunny tripped it looked back and everything went black.

America bit into her cooked rabbit while she was sitting next to a fire she had made. It's warmth was so praised by America. She was freezing. As America finished her "dinner", she got her things all together and layer down next to the fire. She pulled out her phone and saw that she had 1 day and 15 hours left to get to Wanborne. She sighed, putting her phone back inside her bag, using it as a pillow. She turned towards the fire and fell asleep.

———————————————————————————
Uwuwuwuwuwwuwuwuw
America is a hunter? Coolio
How good is she with a bow? Uh secret OwO