Breakfast

My eyes fluttered open and I blinked trying to figure out what woke me up. As far as I know Mom has to almost push me off the the bed to wake me up. Mom.. I shook my head before I got too sad and sat up on the bed. My dorm mates were still sleeping, so I tiptoed to the bathroom, got changed , and then again tiptoed out of the dormitories.
.
.
.
You know the disadvantage of living in a dungeon? You can by no means make out whether it is night or day. Looks the freaking same. Hence if you happen to look at the dungeon corridors now, you will find a girl trying to impersonate  a ninja.....to hide from prefects . Again, I happen to have no idea about the time.

"Finally!" I whisper-screamed when I made it successfully out of the dungeon . I looked up at the sky and noticed that the it was just before sunrise which left me with a lot of time to explore the castle before classes started. Humming to myself I walked down a corridor but immediately after.... Stopped in my tracks when I realised that I have absolutely no idea where I am going. If only there was someone who I could ask, anyone except Tom Riddle. A flash of grey caught my eyes and I turned to see Sir Nicholas floating towards another corridor.

"Excuse me ! Sir Nicholas!" I said running towards him. He looked back and gave me a sceptical expression while I beamed at him.

"I must say, I have never met a Slytherin who was so pleased to meet me let alone talk to me."

" Not all Slytherins are like that! And I speak for myself when I say it is quite the pleasure to meet you Sir Nicholas!"

You have no idea how excited I am to
1)see the actual Sir Nicholas
2) talk to a ghost without freaking out

"Hmm I have never seen you around.."

"I am new and that also brings me to the second reason I called you"

He nodded , encouraging me to continue.

"Uhm, could you tell me the way to the library?"

( Time skip)

I followed the series of twists and turns as instructed and finally reached what I assumed to be the library. The door creaked open as I peeked into the room but found no one.... not even the librarian was in sight. Good . I need some alone time to gather my thoughts. I sat down on one of the benches and took in a deep breath and a smile made way to my lips as I recognised the scent of old books and parchments.

This. Is . Heaven.

I leaned back as I stared at the ceiling. Okay, to sum it up, I arrived here day before yesterday and Mrs Williams probably has something to do with it, then I got sorted into Slytherin, got my wand ,robes and books and now....I heaved a long sigh- I am going to start classes. This doesn't make sense at all. It is practically impossible to travel through time ,let alone through dimensions and I have done both.

How?

Feeling a headache approaching , I stopped stressing over my predicament and picked out some books on time travel. Atleast something productive will be done.

.
.
.
"Child ,what are you doing here so early?"

A shrill feminine voice with a sharp tone startled me , breaking my concentration from the current time travel hypothesis I had been reading. I looked up to see a tall , thin woman, probably somewhere in her late fifties, glaring down at me. I quickly understood that this must be the librarian and if I was to come here and borrow books often, then I need to make sure to not antagonise her and be on good terms with her.

"I am sorry , I am a new student here and my housemates are not particularly kind to me . I find solace in books for they have been my faithful companions for years now and so the first thing I did was come here once woke up. I am really sorry, I didn't mean to offend you." I offered her a charming smile ( well, I think it was charming) but didn't have to act to portray the sorrow.  The way my housemates acted had hurt me. Just a little, but it did.