❤Chapter 25❤

This chapter is dedicated to @Iyanuoluwa-Temi check out her awesome novel, Beneath The Surface.

Above is a picture of Itoro

Enjoy.

************************************************************************

"Itoro, what are you doing?" Okon asked, his voice laced with concern. I ignored him as I shoved my clothes into my travelling bag. "You can't travel at this hour, it's risky."

When Genesis told me the news about my best friend, I was too stubborn to process it. I sat on the floor for close to two hours. Okon had to come pick me up and guide me towards the house. Once my back hit the worn-out chair, I broke down. I cried for hours, I even cried myself to sleep. When I woke up, I realised it was six in the evening. I stood my ground, I really didn't want to believe that my best friend was actually dead.

"I'm going Okon," I whipped my head to face him. "I want to see it with my own eyes, I won't accept that my best friend is actually dead until I see her corpse!" I tried to blink the tears out of my eyes.

"Sister," Okon said as he gently placed his hands on my shoulders. He never calls me that, except if it's serious or he want me to stop talking. Right now, I knew it was serious. I looked at Okon with blood shot eyes.

"I know that Chidinma, your best friend is dead. She was really a nice girl and, she was nice to me. She helped us by sending Mama and I money every month to take care of our self, which is rare. Even though it was little, it was huge to us."

I smiled, when I remembered Chidinma and the way she forces me to send money to Okon and Mama immediately.

"And I also know that Chidinma won't be happy if you move out of here at this hour. She knows that travelling at night is far more risky than daytime."

I remembered Chidinma's advice on the the phone at the Valentine's residence, a day to my birthday. She advised me to stay the night there cause it was late.

"Okon__"

"I have lost father, mother and even Chidinma. I'm not about to loose you too." Okon said that as tears rolled down his right cheek. My brother never cried. I've seen him cried only twice. One was when my Dad died and the other, was on the phone when he announced the death of Mama. Now, I knew the tears was meant for Chidinma and I. He was crying that Chidinma, the second sister he never asked for was dead and he was also crying cause he was afraid I might die while risking my life.

I sighed deeply, I had to be strong for both my brother and myself. I looked up at my younger brother who was like two feet taller than me, "I promise, I won't give in to death."

************************************************************************

After I said my goodbyes to Okon, I boarded an early morning bus. I gave Okon my salary and told him he should use it to register for his jamb and start a little business. I sat close to the window and brought out my head phone. I scrolled down my music list and clicked on 'See you again', by Wiz Khalifa ft Charlie puth.

I rested my head against the window as I watch the scenery go by. My mind was clouded with memory.

Flash Back.

Chidinma, Gerald and I, were seated on Gerald's bed at the boys hostel, playing two truth and a dare.

"Itoro," Gerald called, "Truth or Dare?"

I stopped to think, Gerald chose truth, Chidinma chose dare and since it was two truth and a dare, I was lucky to choose truth.

"Truth," I said smiling. I hate dares.

"Do you like Genesis?"

"Lame!" Booed Chidinma. "It's obvious she has a huge crush on him. I mean check it out," Chidinma said as she clapped her hands and spread it wide in awe. "Itosis."

"Itosis?" Gerald laughed, "That's so stupid. It's obviously," Gerald clapped his hands just like Chidinma, and spread it in awe. "Gento."

"Itosis!"

"Gento!"

"Itosis!"

"Gen__!"

"Shut the fuck up!" I yelled at both of them.

"No I won't shut up," Chidinma shook her head defiantly. "Why would you choose Gento?" Her questions were directed to Gerald.

"Cause, Genesis is the man. His name is supposed to be at the top, before Itoro's so...... Gento!"

"So, you're racist?!" Chidinma voiced out, making me to laugh.

"Um Chidinma," I chuckled one last time, "Do you mean sexist?"

"Racist, feminist, sexist, they are all the same thing." Chidinma said as her direction went back to Gerald.

"No they are not," I said. I didn't want her to mix being racist and being feminist as one thing.

"Does it matter?" Chidinma raised a brow at me.

"Well I guess not," I said, before turning my attention towards Gerald. "Yes Gerald, I'm in love with Genesis." He opened his mouth, wanting to say something. But I stopped him by raising my pointy finger. "And no ship names. Those names are horrible."

"What!" Chidinma and Gerald yelled murder as they turned to glare daggers at me. I moved away from them a little.

"Nothing," I smiled innocently. I actually don't want my two bestest friends in the world to murder me. I turned to Chidinma, "Chidinma, I dare you to__"

"You didn't even let me choose!" Chidinma whined.

I raised my brows, amused by her childish character. You would be surprised that this girl was a year older than me. "It's called two truth and a dare for a reason, Chidinma." I chose truth, so did Gerald. The only option is__"

"Dare, I know." Chidinma sighed in defeat. "Alright, shoot."

I smirked mischievously, "What's your true feelings towards Gerald?"

Chidinma's eyes went wide as she looked at me. She nervously diverted her eyes towards Gerald, who had already rested his back against the blue wall. He folded his hands against his chest and spread his long legs. His right brow shoots up as he waited for Chidinma's responds.

"I-I-I......" Chidinma stuttered nervously as she looked at everywhere but Gerald. "Itoro, the beans! The beans is still on the gas!" Chidinma quickly got up from Gerald's bed and ran out the door.

I fell to the ground as I laughed out loud. "Why are you laughing?" Gerald asked me.

"There's no beans," I said in between laughter.

"But she said__"

"She lied, Gerald." I informed him as I burst into another round of laughter.

Ends Flash Back.

Chidinma can't be dead. I refuse to believe that she's dead.

************************************************************************************************************

A/N Hey guys! So.... Which ship name do you like the most?

Gento? Or Itosis?
Let me know in an inline comment.

What was your intake on this chapter?
Comment below⤵

Do you love this chapter?
Vote 🌟 below ⤵

Do you still want to murder me?
Inline comment ➡

Till next time guy,

Much love,

X
-Eddy