❤Chapter 14❤

Above is a picture of Itoro

Enjoy.

************************************************************************

"Itoro, I believe you're insane." Chidinma protested. Chidinma and I, have been arguing ever since I told her I was going to find out what was going on at the Valentine's.

"Chidinma, I can't let Genesis suffer. I'm in love with him."

"Nuh huh," Chidinma shook her head, as she flung her handout to the other side of her bed. "You have a crush on him, you don't love him. And having a crush on him is bad."

"So you mean having a crush on Genesis is bad? That means having a crush on Gerald, is also bad for you."

"Yes!" Chidinma snapped. "Yes it's bad. Even I, admit that."  She inhaled and exhaled a few times before saying, "Do you even know what crush means?"

"Liking someone?" My response came out as a question. I really did not know where this conversations were heading to.

"It means liking someone that might not like you back, Itoro. If that person doesn't like you back, your heart gets crushed. That were the name comes from. I don't want to see you get hurt Itoro." Chidinma sighed as she stood up and walked towards me. She sat beside me on my bed, "I don't want you to start meddling into people's business, irrespective of your feelings."

I nodded my head, wanting this conversation to be over, but Chidinma had other plans. "Promise me Itoro. Promise me you won't interfere in their business."

"Chi_"

"Promise me," Chidinma pressed on. I sighed before nodding my head.

"I promise Chidinma, I won't interfere."

************************************************************************

I hummed 7Rings by Ariana Grande, as I mop the floor in front of Genesis' room. I did it on purpose. I was patiently waiting for him to come out of his room. Today, everything would be revealed. Today, Genesis and the unknown woman, would have the DNA test.

'Click!'

I whipped my head to the side, to see Genesis coming out of his room. His attention was on his phone, as he furrowed his brows.

I accidentally dropped the mopping stick on the tiles floor. The sound made Genesis to look at my direction.

"Not again," Genesis said in an irritated tone. I ignored his comment and approached him.

"I-I...." Get a hold of yourself Itoro. "I wanted to wish you good luck."

Genesis lifted his left brow, "It's a DNA test, not an exam."

"Still. Good luck." I said, moving closer to him. "I really want the test to be negative. You belong to this family." Genesis, looked at me for a second or two, without saying anything. After a minute of silence, Genesis turned his attention to where the stairs were located.

I knew I meant nothing to you. Chidinma was right. But still, GOOD LUCK.

"Itoro," I heard as I picked up the mop. I turned round to see Genesis, standing at the edge of the stairs. He had his back turned towards me, so I couldn't see his facial expression. "Thank you."

A smile crept on my face, as I watched Genesis descend the stairs. I carried the mopping stick and bucket. Mission accomplished, I've made sure that Genesis was gonna be okay. I headed straight to the equipment closet.

After I placed the mop at its rightful place and decided to head out, but an angry whisper stopped me.

"Is everything set?" That voice, that voice belongs to Daniel. "Do your fucking job, I'm not paying you to slack off." he whispered, as if he doesn't want to be heard.

'Keeek!!'

"Shit," I cursed. I had kicked a metal bucket by accident. I peeped through a small hole, to see Daniel, heading towards the closet with curious eyes. Heading towards my direction.

Fuck, I'm screwed.

************************************************************************************************************

A/N   Hey hey! So here's another chapter.

What do you think about Chidinma's advice?

What do you think about Genesis character?

What do you think about Daniel?

What do you think about the unknown woman?

What do you think about Itoro's feelings towards Genesis?

Leave your comments, would love to here it.

If you believe that you're star, then hit the star botton.

Much love,

X

-Eddy