❤Chapter 19❤

A friend of mine posted the above picture on her whatsapp status and I was like.... Whaaaat?!

Happy new month peeps and happy birthday in advance to every August born out there.

Enjoy.

************************************************************************

I flung my backpack on the reading table as I went over to my bed to do my normal routine. Which involved pulling off my sneakers and glancing over to see what my roommate was up to. Surprisingly, she had a book on top of her head as she opened her mouth wide in deep sleep.

I chuckled at the sight of her as I quickly pulled off my top and dumped it in the laundry bag. I needed to ask Chidinma for a favour and I knew she would be mad if I woke her up. She hated when people disturbs her beauty sleep. But I had to.

I walked over to her side of the room and tapped her shoulder, but it had no effect on her. All she did was snort and faced the other direction.

I sighed as I let my Palm smack her bare back and that did the trick. Chidinma stood up from her bed immediately, looking around with blood shot eyes. When she noticed it was me, she glared daggers.

"Seriously?" Chidinma hissed, "That hurts so bad!"

I shrugged, "Well I needed to get you up." Chidinma frowned as she poked my forehead. Yeah she's always cranky every time she wakes up.

"Last time I checked, this was my side of the room." She growled, making me to sigh.

"Chi__"

"No," Chidinma cut me off, "No, no, no. What ever you want to say can wait. I need my beauty sleep."

"You were drooling," I deadpanned.

"Do I look like I care?" Chidinma asked dryly as she laid back on her bed.

"This is about my mother," I whispered. Chidinma got up from her bed quickly as she looked at me with concerned eyes.

"Is she okay?" Chidinma sighed as she rested her back against the blue wall.

"Okon told me that she's getting worst and I don't have any money with me. My salary would be paid to me next week. But I'm not sure my mother would be able to wait till then."

"You guys needs to take her to a good hospital,"

"I know," I released a frustrated sigh. "We don't even know her sickness, we haven't taken her for a checkup. I need to send at least, Ten thousand naira to Okon, so he could take mama to a good hospital for proper scanning."

"I don't think Ten thousand naira, would be enough." Chidinma simply said, "I'll give you Twenty thousand, and you can send that to Okon. I'm sure that would be enough for scanning and few drugs."

"God, Chidinma, thank__"

"You don't need to thank me," She said cutting me short, "She's practically my mother too."

I smiled at her, "I should call Okon, to tell him the good news."

Buzz, Buzz!

I looked down at my phone that was on vibration. "Oh look,"  I said to Chidinma as she glanced at my Nokia touch light phone.

"I'm not seeing anything," Chidinma deadpanned. "After treating your mother, your next salary should be used on a new phone. Throw away this excuse of a phone."

I rolled my eyes, "Okon's calling." I quickly pushed the answer button, "Hey O__"

"Mother's dead."

************************************************************************************************************

*Sniffing* Hey guys new update. What do you guys think about this chapter? Comment your thoughts.

I'm feeling bad for Itoro.

Make that star glow guys, it encourages me to keep on writing.

Much love,

X

-Eddy