❤Chapter 11❤

This chapter is dedicated to Aleesha2002 for the awesome cover. Check out her story 'The Celebrity Bride'.

Enjoy.

************************************************************************

        Genesis' POV (point of view)

I packed my car in a secured area. Once I was satisfied with the parking space, I turned to the back seat and held the cake that was inside a box with one hand and the small jewelry box with the other. I really don't know why I was doing this, all I knew was that I really don't want a girl to cry on her birthday.

I met some girls and asked for Itoro's room number. I walked towards the room the girls directed me to.

I inhaled and exhaled few times, before knocking on the door. I really don't know why I was nervous. I heard the door click.

"I'm coming wa__" Itoro stopped when sees me. Her beautiful - yes I said beautiful - eyes went wide and her natural multi-coloured lips formed an 'O' shape.

"Sir, Um... Wa__"

"Happy birthday," I said cutting her short, as I held the box of cake and jewelry box.

"Itoro who's a__" The door went wide, as the light skinned girl from earlier, popped her head out to look at me. "Uuuhhh...... Hello.... Handsome."

"Shut up," Itoro hissed at her friend, before bringing her attention back to my face. "Please, come in."

I walked into the little room and saw a fair skinned tall guy lying on one of the bed, that had cards scattered on it.

"Um.... We were um.... Playing 'WHOT'." Itoro voiced out, as she nervously took the cake and jewelry box from my hands. I kind of find her actions cute.

What am I even saying, find her actions cute? I'm not here to find her actions cute, I'm here so she won't see me as the worst human on planet earth.

"Hey man, I'm Gerald." Gerald stood on the bed and stretched his long hands towards me. I'm 6'2ft but this guy in front of me, was like.... I don't know, 6'4.

"Gerald!" The light skinned girl yelled, "You just scattered the cards we were playing! Now we have to start all over again."

"Which is a good thing. We've got a guess. What's your name man?"

"Genesis," I simply said, then quickly added, "I don't know how to play..... That."

As if I just turned into Lucifer himself, Gerald, the light skinned girl and even Itoro, looked at me with stunned eyes and wide mouths.

"You don't know how to play 'WHOT'?..... 'WHOT'!" Gerald exclaimed.

"Were you living under a rock or something?" The fair skinned girl said as she waved her hands frantically at my face.

This people were crazy.

"Well you're in luck," The fair skinned girl continued, "Itoro, will put you through." I looked over at Itoro at the mention of her name, she placed the cake gently on their reading table before turning to glare at her friend.

"Chidinma, stop sayin__"

"I'll be glad if you put me through." I simply said. Chidinma and Itoro looked at me with stunned eyes.

"Well," Gerald jumped down from the bed, so he could stand with us. "Open your gift, Itoro."

Itoro started fidgeting, she looked at me with careful gaze, as if asking for permission. I nodded my head as I looked at her, "It's your birthday." 

Itoro smiled as she ran over to the reading table, which was the only table in their room. She held the jewelry box and opened it. She gasped as she looked at me.

Chidinma and Gerald, ran over to her side to have a peak inside the box.

"Oh my word!" Chidinma exclaimed, as she held the diamond necklace, before looking at Itoro, with wide eyes. "Itoro."

"That's cool man," Gerald said as he gave me a bro pat at my back. "How much does the necklace cost man?"

"Gerald!" Scolded Chidinma, "Never ask for the price of a gift. Especially not in front of the person the gift was giving to."

"Lesson learned," Gerald raised his hands up in surrender.

"This is the best gift anyone as ever given to me," Itoro confessed as she stood in front of me, "Thank you."

"Hey!" Chidinma yelled before I could mutter 'you're welcome', to Itoro. "I gave you a gift!"

"Yes, you did." Itoro deadpanned, "You gave me a pamphlet that says, 'How to control your rage'."

"Cause you're always getting angry," Chidinma defended herself. "At least, it better than Gerald's pamphlet which says,'How to quit smoking'. You don't even smoke!"

I busted into laughter unintentionally. I have met different type of people in my twenty-one years on earth, but I haven't met people as crazy as Itoro and her friends. I felt so alive again. The only time I had felt this way was with.... Mother.

"Can we forget about whose gift is more worst than the other," Gerald piped in, "We've got guess. Itoro, go cut the cake, I'm starving." Itoro shot him a look, before complaining under her breath. She walked over to the table and with the help of her friend Chidinma, they sliced half of the cake and kept it on a tray.

The rest of the night was fun and Itoro didn't seem all that bad, which made me feel bad for yelling at her earlier.

Chidinma and Gerald, won the game cause I was slowing Itoro down. But she never seemed to complain, she was more than happy to help. I decided to call it a night and said goodbye to Itoro and her friends.

I drove on a normal speed as I headed home, I even horned on a normal level, which surprised Musa. I hummed as I walked into the house.

"Dad, I'm home!" I yelled, so I'll inform Dad that I was back. I have never informed Dad or even Daniel of my arrival before, this was the first.

I had no need to announce my arrival, cause Dad, Daniel and an unknown woman, was sitting in the living room.

"Genesis," Daniel smiled a watery smile, I looked at the three figures suspiciously.

"What's going on?" I asked in a low tone, my questions going straight to Dad.

"Genesis," The woman who was sitting at the far end, cried and ran towards me.

What the hell?

"My son!"

Immediately those words left her mouth, I stepped aside. That took the woman unaware as she almost smacked her head on the wall.

I knew my mother and the woman standing in front of me, was definitely not my mother.

************************************************************************************************************

A/N  Oh man! The drama isn't over.

If you love this chapter, don't forget to make that star orange and comment your thoughts.... Don't be a ghost reader.

Till next time,

Much love,

X
-Eddy