Izzy

A/N: A short Izzy fluff that is so sweet it will rot your teeth.

I woke up to an empty bed which was unusual. I turned over to look at the clock to see it was only 8:00 am. I sat up and looked into our bathroom, I couldn't see Izzy in there and I didn't hear anyone messing around in the kitchen. I started to get worried as I got up and pulled on one of Izzy's shirts. I made my way to the bedroom door and opened it; that's when I heard it. It was quite but I could definitely hear Izzy singing and playing in our guest room. I snuck down the hallway, sidestepping all the squeaky floorboards, until I was right in front of the barely cracked open door. I made myself comfortable in the floor as I listened to Izzy pour his heart out; he was singing a song I didn't know. I listened intently until he stopped and I tried to be as quiet as possible. "I know you're out there." He said, barely above a whisper. "How did you know?! I didn't even step on a squeaky floor board this time!" I whined as I opened the door. He laughed before sitting his guitar down and motioning for me to join him on the bed. "I heard you open the bedroom door." He laughed again before continuing, "but A for effort babe, I didn't hear one floorboard this time which is pretty impressive." He pulled me down beside him and I laid my head on his chest, "What were you singing? I've never heard it before." I questioned as he played with my hair. "Yeah it's new, no ones heard it; not even Axl. It was supposed to be a surprise for you but I guess not now!" He said in mock aggravation. "You know I can't help it, I just love to hear you sing!" I beamed up at him. "You hear me sing all the time, what's so different about sneaking around to do it?" "It's different when you don't know I'm listening." "But I did know." He laughed again. I slapped him on the chest, "You know what I mean! When you are alone, even if you know I'm listening through the door, it's still different from when you're on stage. You're not Izzy Stradlin when you're sitting in the bed just playing for fun; you're just my Iz, and I love that. No one else gets to see you like that but me." I smiled and he blushed while trying to hide under his hair. "So, what's the song called?" I asked him as I played with his necklaces. "Patience" he answered looking down at me. "Well I love it and I think everyone else will too." I said as I patted his chest. "How could you love it? You haven't even heard the whole song!" He laughed. "I don't have to I love everything you write; especially the songs you write for me." I looked up to be met with the most beautiful brown eyes; so full of love that it made my heart burst. "I love you, you know that?" He smiled as he hugged me tight. "I love you too Iz; so much." I whispered as I leaned up to kiss him on the cheek. "Do you wanna go make breakfast now?" He asked as he ran his thumb across my bottom lip. "You're seriously not gonna play the song for me?!" I half joked as he moved to get out of the bed. "No, what don't you understand about the word surprise?" He laughed. "Fine, but you owe me two extra pancakes for making me wait to hear it, deal?" I say seriously as I make my way to meet him by the door. "Deal, now lets go cook some pancakes!" He laughed as he jokingly smacked my butt. "You better be glad I love you" I joked. "I am; so glad." He whispered as he leaned down to kiss my nose. "More glad than you will ever know."