Sick Day

When I get mad I like to stick my headphones in and blare music but Axl is trying to make me face my problems so he stole my headphones. Now we are in an argument and, without my headphones, I took the next best option: the stereo in the living room.

I was laying upside down on the couch, pouting and listening to music, when Axl came and sat beside me. He's so calm when I get mad and it just makes me more mad. It might be immature but sometimes I just want to argue with him and get it out of my system! He's older than me though and his maturity and rationality shines through when we argue, or when I argue and he stares at me.

"Baby, I didn't mean to piss you off, I was just asking why you were acting so weird. I wasn't trying to be a dick I was worried." He says, laying his hand on my thigh.

This has got to be one of the dumbest fights we've had in a long time and it was all my fault. He was right, I knew he didn't mean anything by asking me what was going on with me, but I flew off the handle anyway. He says I remind him a lot of him when he was younger when I get mad like that. That's probably why he's so good at handling me.

"I know Ax" I say as I stare at the upside down tv before speaking again, "It just pissed me off because I honestly can't tell you what's wrong."

"Well, do you wanna talk about it?" He's so sweet even when I've been relentlessly yelling at him for the last hour and a half.

"I do wanna talk about it but I can't cause I literally have no idea what's going on! I don't feel like myself at all and I pretty much constantly feel like shit." I say sitting up right so I can see his face.

"Maybe you're sick or something. Do you want to go to the doctor" I frown at that suggestion and shake my head but I know it's probably a good idea.

"Baby, I think the doctor might be our best bet. I'll go in with you and do everything for you, all you have to do is sit there and let them check you out okay?" He says as he grabs my hand in one hand and picks up his phone in the other.

He sets up the appointment as I go get ready. I have tons of clothes to choose from but I go with the usual: black leggings and one of Axl's old T-shirt's. I throw my clothes on, pull my hair in a messy bun, brush my teeth and head back down stairs where Axl is waiting for me.

"She said she would see you right away and she would get us in and out of there as fast as possible." Axl smiles sweetly as he grabbed his keys and walked towards the garage.

In the garage I immediately went and looked at my new car that I haven't driven in a week because I've felt like shit. It wasn't new but it was expensive and it was a gift from Axl. It's my dream car: a 1985, electric blue, iroc Camaro. It's the best gift anyone has ever given me.

"Do you wanna drive yours?" Axl asked as he watched me admire my car. "No, I don't feel like driving right now, but as soon as I'm better you can bet your ass I'm driving everywhere" I laugh as we get in Axl's car and drive away.

We're at the doctors office in no time and we're greeted by a nurse who immediately takes us back. Axl fills out all the papers, as promised and then we wait.

Moments later the door is being knocked on and in walks Dr.Wright. Every time i get so much as a sniffle Axl brings me in here. So, by now, she knows not to even ask if Axl is leaving the room; I hate doctors and he hates leaving me alone so that's a no.

She gets right down to business, "So, what's the problem?" She asked. She was a pretty chill doctor so she didn't bombard me with a million questions, which I appreciated.

"I don't know I just feel like shit. Kinda like I have the flu but not as intense." I shrugged.

"How long have you felt like this?"