Prologue

Survival Instinct

Prologue

I was sitting on the rock shivering, waiting for Xavier to return. I can't believe that I got lost with that stupid buffoon. It was his fault that we are in this freaking mess. Lost in the middle of the forest at night, where there are carnivores walking around. I yelped when I heard a wolf howl. I looked around looking or signs of Xavier or wolves. I heard a twig snap and I spun around toward the sound. There was nothing in the deafening darkness. Suddenly something grabbed me at my sides and I screamed loudly and thrashing. I spun around and punch my assailant.

"OW!" Xavier moaned rubbing his cheek.

I shivered in newfound rage, "DAMN YOU!!!!"

I pushed Xavier off the rock and he landed on his back with a loud 'ooph'.

"Maybe next time you'll think twice before scaring me," I said angrily.

Xavier moaned as he got up and glared at me, but he got up on the rock and built a pile of sticks. He dug into his pocket for a lighter and lit the dry timber up.

I crawled close to the fire and sat with my feet crossed trying to warm up. Xavier sat next to me and watched the flames cracked and hissed.

"Are we going to die?" I asked softly all anger fading.

"No, little bro, we aren't going to die," Xavier said wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

I nodded and leaned against him, after a few moments I look to see his face. Xavier was looking at the fire probably in deep thought.

Xavier probably felt my gaze and looked down on me. I was gazing at his lips and I got the sudden urge to kiss them. I saw Xavier lean forward and I leaned up and kissed him. I gasped internally as I felt his warm lips on mine, our lips moved together, I felt Xavier shift and I was pressed against his chest. My arms wrapped around his chest and I felt his warm seeping into my skin. I broke away panting and rested my head on his shoulder. After a long silent moment, I pulled back and looked at Xavier's face. He had a small smile, I smiled back and Xavier leaned down and we kissed again.

This is pretty romantic, right, my brother and I lost in the forest cuddling and making out next to the fire. Well it wasn't all peaches and cream. We are not related and we hated each other from the very beginning. That is where I'll start.

*Rewind... Stop *

The sound of a baby's cry filled the room.

NOT THAT FAR!!!!

*Fast forward to age 16 *

Ah, here we are, the ripe age of sixteen. That was the day my life turned into hell.