Survival Instinct [4]

Chapter Four

We returned to the campsite and Xavier and I dropped the sticks next to the ring of stones and I walked toward my tent… excuse me, OUR tent. I grabbed my sleeping bag and unrolled it and spread it out. The tent flap opened and Xavier crawled in with his sleeping bag. He unfurled and spread it out like mine; there was five inches of space between the two sleeping bags.

“Hey,” Xavier greeted and I nodded in response. “Listen,” he started and I turned my face to look at him. “I… uh… I thought about what you said and you were right. I’m...” he swallowed and exhaled, “I’m sorry alright!”

I smiled, “There is hope for you yet,” I said softly.

He smiled and smoothed out his sleeping bag

“You realize we have to apologize to our parents, we weren’t exactly angels,” I said.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” Xavier exhaled.

“DINNER!!!” my dad yelled.

We left the tent and sat on the fallen log and Tom ha

nded us hotdogs and I added ketchup and mustard while Xavier just put mustard on his. He hates ketchup for some odd reason. We sat there in silence munching on the hotdogs, after we were done.

“Dads, I have something to say,” Xavier said.

Everyone looked at Xavier and he blushed, “I… uh… we…” Xavier flustered.

“We would like to apologize for our behavior ever since we got together and we have decided to push pass the differences and try to make this family to work,” I said for the both of us.

Xavier slung his arm around my shoulder, I squeaked in surprised.

“Yeah, what he said, we are sorry,” Xavier said.

“Good, very good, apology accepted,” Tom said.

“Now it’s late so lets go to bed and we’ll begin anew tomorrow bright and early.”

I nodded and got up and walked toward our tent, I took off my outer shirt and unbuttoned my pants and took it off. I was wearing a muscle shirt and boxers. Xavier crawled in and saw me in my sleepwear and looked away. I slipped into my sleeping bag and turned my back on him. I turned out of curiosity and saw his bare back. I looked down to see him wearing briefs.

Whoa, nice ass

I closed my eyes and fell asleep, but I was aware that someone was watching me.