Chapter Eight: Just To Try

Ukraine's POV
I just finished my interview and got the job as a doctor, probably because I taught other countries how to preform surgeries, give medicine and all the important stuff. The last thing I did was go to Estonia's room, both Canada and Germany were there, Canada in normal clothes and Germany in his doctors outfit, he was the first one I taught so he deserved to be a doctor not a nurse. "Hay Ukraine, how is my good long time best friend." estonia asked me. I sat down next to Canada she had a nice smile on her face, but I thought I saw her blushing at me, I couldn't tell though because of her red flag. "I'm good, I just got a job as a doctor at least." I told her that n all three of them were happy for me.

I started to walk home me but I saw someone almost identical to me. I started to follow this man into the woods and then saw MY AUNT, so he must be my uncle because no one else had the same flag as mine. The next thing I knew my parents came over, they all sat down and started to talk to each other. "So, how was the check up on Belarus?" my uncle asked my mother and father. "She didn't say she would remember but I think she learned her lesson." Father said, his voice was a bit different though, more angry than happy. I noticed my aunt was gone but then I got picked up and put in front of my family. "Did you go get him or not sis." Father asked my aunt. "He was there already, must have followed rain." she said, I believe rain was my uncle's name. "So son, what are you doi-." My mother started asking before she noticed something. "Are you okay mother." I asked before she grabbed me into a tight hug. "You still have the locket, I'm just happy to see you still wearing it it." she told me, crying into my shoulder. I myself couldn't stop crying either, my family, dead for sixteen years and now they come back as ghosts, I just can't believe this. "Well at least one child remembers us." Father said still mad about something. My mother sighed and said, "Me and your father went to see Belarus because we heard that she forgot us, your father shouted at her a couple of times and is still mad."
After a catch up they all had to leave and go back to heaven, all but my mother went, she wanted to say something to me before she left. "Son, I know that you kept your last promise, so could you promise me that you and your sister try to get along." she ask me in the same voice as when she was dieing. I was lost for words so I just nodded. "Thank you." She said before disappearing in a bright light. I started running to the soivet house and knock on the door. The door opens and I see Kazakhstan, I tell him I need to talk to Belarus, luckily he let's me in.

Belarus' POV
I help Russia get up and walk without anyone keeping him sturdy. He went into the living room and then my brother came in the ki- WAIT WHAT! WHY IS UKRAINE BACK, HE SHOULDN'T BE BACK. "Uh, are you okay sis?" he asked me because I was just staring but also screaming in my head. "Yeah, I'm fine, what's up, why are you back so soon?" I wondered. He hesitated, is he scared, hurt, depressed. "I saw our family in the woods today," now I know why he's here, "I had a nice conversation with them and we all had a great time, but before mother left, she asked me to promise that... we would try to get along more." he told me.
I stood there just thinking if it work, and we would get along, or, it fails terribly, and we leave each other alone for a long while. We both accepted the silence, I think he was thinking too, based on what we had done during soivet times, all those fights and arguments between him, me, and sometimes Russia as well. I decide to break the silence and say, "I'll do it, just to try."
He looks at me and smiles
"Then let's try and be siblings again."

______________________________________
745 words