Chapter 18: Break-In

I woke up and heard voices downstairs. Fear pricked my gut, wondering who it was and why I couldn’t hear my dad’s familiar voice among them. Who was in my house?

I got up and crept downstairs, weapon-less which was pretty dumb. What was I going to do if someone was in my house? Glare at them to death? I continued to pad quietly down the stairs, trying to figure out how many people there were. The voices were familiar but I couldn’t figure them out. I finally got to the first floor and snuck down the hall to the kitchen/dining room. I peeked around the open doorway and my jaw dropped.

“What the hell are you guys doing in my kitchen?” 

Glen, Percy and Luna all looked up at me in surprise.

“We were bored,” Luna shrugged, grinning.

“And we told you yesterday we might just show up at your house one day,” Percy added.

“How did you find out where I lived? How did you even get inside?” I sputtered.

“I asked my dad if he knew where Antonio lived so we passed by his house and asked him for your address,” Glen replied.

“And besides the fact that there is a spell to unlock a door,” Luna started.

“I can pick any lock you can throw at me,” Percy finished for her.

I blinked at them. “Okay. So why come to my house?”

“Like Luna said, we were bored. And we figured we’d pass by your house for something to do,” Glen said.

“Plus I wanted to see what this David guy looks like,” Luna piped up, “I didn’t get to see him though.”

I checked my watch; it was only eleven in the morning. “Maybe he was sleeping?” I shrugged as I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a toast before I flicked on the kettle and sat on the counter to wait for it to boil water.

“You don’t toast your bread?” Glen arched an eyebrow.

I shrugged, “Nah. I like it like this…plus I’m lazy. You guys want anything?”

“Tea please,” Luna grinned.

“I’m good,” Percy leaned back in his chair, hands behind his head.

“Nope,” Glen leaned his arm around the back of Luna’s chair.

I shrugged as the kettle flicked off and I hopped off the counter, stuffing the rest of my bread in my mouth before I dusted my hands off and got two mugs down. I made the tea and then put it down in front of Luna.

There was a bit of an issue with my table. It was small; only for four people. And one chair had a stack of magazines and books and stuff. I stared at it.

Percy patted his lap and grinned at me.

“No,” I said firmly.

“Oh come chica, either sit in my lap or move the stuff,” he said, again patting his lap.

I sighed dramatically and sat in his lap, my tea on the table in front of us. He wrapped his arms around me and leaned back in the chair so we could both sit comfortably.

Luna was staring intensely at her mug of tea, her lips moving but I couldn’t hear any words as her hands gestured.

I frowned.

And then the tea rose out of the mug in a big ball of beige liquid.

“Holy shit,” I gaped.

Glen and Percy laughed and Luna cracked a smile as she moved her hands as if she were moulding clay. The floating tea took the slow shape of a three dimensional rabbit.