Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Aryia's P.O.V.

I try to make the most out of being cuffed to Justin as he's teaching Mike. It seems like that guy can actually ride a horse properly, so I try to learn something while I'm standing in the middle of the arena. If I don't do that, then I'm going to go out of my mind with boredom. Todd and Louise are also watching Mike, but Todd keeps looking at me and smirking in his creepy way. I want to smack that smirk right off his face.

I mutter, “If he keeps looking at me like that, I'm gonna rip his eyes out...”

Justin doesn't miss a beat in his instructions to Mike, as he whispers, “No you're not, Ariya. Just ignore him. Be the bigger person.”

“Bigger person? You're a joker...”

If he hears me, he doesn't let it show. Instead, he barks out another instruction to Mike. Something about slowing the lope down, whatever that is.

Once all the work is completed for the evening and we're sitting for dinner, Justin says, “We're having a movie night. Y'all can pick a movie to watch and we'll take a vote on 2 to watch.”

My stomach churns a little. Is he deliberately trying to embarrass me? If he's so sure I know nothing about movies, then he certainly is doing a good job of trying to annoy me. I'm actually not hungry, so I just sit at the table, cuffed to Justin's wrist. Todd sees this as a perfect time to comment.

“You enjoying yourself there, Ariya? What's it like having Justin watch your every move? Have you had to take a dump yet?”

Before I can even respond, Justin's voice growls, “Enough Todd. Ariya is taking her punishment quite well, but don't try to wind her up. If you don't want to get a beating when these cuffs come off, then I suggest you shut your mouth. Ariya, eat your food.”

The fact that he's just ordered me to eat makes me not want to eat even more.

I push the plate away with my free hand and say, “I'm not hungry.”

“Seriously? You're going to do this again? Just because you're annoyed about your punishment, doesn't mean you need to stop eating...”

I chuckle at the childishness of his statement, “Dude, that's ridiculous. I'm actually not hungry. I'm full from lunch.”

He eyes me suspiciously, but then just nods before turning to his food.

It's actually annoying when he's trying to cut his meat, because my hand has to follow his.

I mutter, “Maybe you didn't think this through too well, huh? Showering is going to be interesting...”

“Shut it, Ariya.”

I smirk at his response and sit quietly during dinner, tuning everyone out again. I'm not interested in their conversation so I go through different boxing moves in my mind as they eat.

Justin actually allows me to shower after dinner, but he does sit in my room waiting for me to return. I can't really blame him for not trusting me. I wouldn't trust me either. Although I don't have any plans to leave, Justin doesn't know this. Despite what I say, it would be foolish of him to trust a criminal. I know I'm not lying, but he doesn't.

After I return from the bathroom, Justin says, “So, are you looking forward to movie night?”

“Nope.”

“Really? I'm doing it for you.”

“I'd rather spar, thanks.”

“Seriously? You had a fight last night and a session with me earlier, how are you still wanting to fight?”