Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Aryia's P.O.V.

I wait until I'm sure Justin has gone before I let out a loud growl. I want to kill him. I actually want to kill put my hands round his throat and watch the life drain from his face. Who does he think he is, demanding answers like that?! Why does he think I'm going to give him the answers he's looking for? Why should I tell him anything? He pretends like he's trying to help, but in actual fact he's going to make it worse for me when I go back to New York. As it is, I'm going to have to fight for my place in the pecking order. I'm going to be doing some serious fighting when I get back. People will think I've lost it and they'll test me constantly. Don't get me wrong, it won't take long for me to get my place back, but that's not the point. If he insists he's trying to help me, then he'd leave me alone. I've already been here far too long and I'm losing my street sense. If I allow that to happen I'll be killed.

I can feel my muscles wasting away with every minute I'm tied up here. I'd rather work harder to get that back instead of talking to him or anyone for that matter. I'm not telling him about the scars. I wasn't lying when I said I did them. I wasn't completely truthful either, though. I did cause them indirectly. It was my decision to choose those over the alternative. But I'm not going to tell him that. He can't keep me tied up forever. If I refuse food and water, then he'll have to untie me at some point. I'll just use that opportunity to get out of here. I simply need to conserve all the energy I can for that moment.

I don't want to sleep, the nightmares aren't the nicest thing in the world. The worst part is not being able to get up and fight or check my surroundings. If I could just get up and punch something then it wouldn't be quite so bad. I feel like I'm going to explode with all this rage and Justin is only making it worse with his stupid questions.

I'm so bored that sleep tugs me in again. I have no concept of time, so I don't know how long I sleep before a dream wakes me.

This mental sparring with Justin continues for another 3 days. I haven't eaten or drunk anything and I can see he's getting worried. I haven't even spoken to him. I know his game plan. He's looking for any form of a response, so I'm giving him nothing. I hardly even look at him. I'm lost in my own mind. Thinking of how to escape or what I'm going to do when I get back to New York. I'm not even thinking about what I'm going to do when he eventually lets me out of my shackles, because I'm not intending to stick around. He's proven he's just like everyone else and he can't be trusted, so there's no way I'm staying here.

Justin's voice breaks through my thoughts, “You can't keep doing this, Ariya. You need to eat and drink. You can't keep being stubborn like this. You're going to get sick.”

I scoff at that. Like he cares about that. I'm sure he just doesn't want to get into trouble for me getting sick or dying in his care, especially if I'm tied to a chair in an old barn. That would be a right turn of events. I die in his 'care' and they find out I've been locked in here for a week or so. He'd get in so much trouble, I'm sure. Although, they might be pleased they're rid of me forever.

“Are you even listening to me?”

“Nope.”

He sighs. It seems like he's doing that a lot lately. I don't feel bad about it though. I'm not going soft here, guys.

“You must be hungry by now. Quit being stubborn.”

“You mean, you're actually going to untie me so I can eat something?”

“I didn't say that. I know you'd use that to your advantage. I'll happily feed you, but I can't risk untying you.”

“You're not feeding me, forget that. I'd rather go hungry.”