Chapter 35

Emma's POV

~*~

"Is everything okay with the baby doctor?" Jace asked.

"Yes, but since the due date is quite near you shouldn't have any stress, anxiety or big emotional moments of any kind or else the baby will arrive sooner than expected." He said while putting away his equipment. "If this happens again dont hesitate to call." He said before leaving.

I laid in bed and turned on the television. The Originals re-runs were on and I don't miss them for nothing in this world.

"Umm, Ems?" Jace looked at me concerned.

"What?" I looked over at him as he stood in the middle of the room.

"Can I please stay?" He rubbed the back of his head.

"Do you really want me to go into labor?!" I raised my eyebrows.

Jace shook his head and headed towards the door. I looked back at the television and ignored him. It's not like he deserves to be here anyways.

Right?... Ugh.

I walked to the front door to stop him but to my surprise he was just sitting in his car with his forehead pressed against the steering wheel. I knocked on his window making him jump. He rolled down the window and gave me his puppy eyes look.

"Fine you can stay." I sighed and walked back to my room to watch my series.

Jace didn't enter my room for a while. But when he did he brought me strawberry ice cream.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Oh I didn't get it for you, I got it for the baby." He smirked as he sat next to me on my bed.

"Oh God, the asshole with the ego of Europe is back." I rolled my eyes and tried not to laugh.

"Just like old times." He kissed my cheek.

"Whoa there buddy! What are you doing?" I opened my eyes really big.

"A kiss has never harmed anyone." He chuckled.

"Well thats because they never been kissed by you." I laughed.

"Ouch." He placed his hand on his heart.

"Aww, didn't know you had one." I pouted.

"That's really mean." He looked at me shocked. "But I guess that means you haven't changed."

"Get over it bad boy." I slightly punched him in his shoulder.

Once the re-runs were over and I ate all my ice cream I got up from the bed.

"Where are you going?" Jace asked me.

"I need to go buy purple paint for Hope's room and her crib, diaper changer, rocking chair and all that stuff. After today I dont want risking her to be born and not have her room ready." I answered.

"I'll drive you." He smiled.

"Obviously, I'm eight months pregnant." I said and slammed the bathroom door.

~*~

"Im not sure if I like purple laverder or purple creme better." I looked at all the purple shades.

"They look the same to me." Jace shrugged.

"Jace! Purple lavender is like a baby light purple and purple cream is like a pink purpleish." I glared at him.

"How about purple creme then?" He said.

"Alright purple lavender it is." I smile.

"Are you doing this just to annoy me?" He asked.