Chapter 17

Emma's POV

~*~

I feel so lazy. Sitting on my couch stuffing my face with strawberry ice cream and watching The Vampire Diaries. What can I say its two of my favorite things to do. Someone knocks on the front door making me sigh. I hate when people or something intervenes between me, my ice cream and my vampires. The thought of it being Jace made me sprint up to open the front door.

"What do you want?" I said a bit annoyed.

"Just to talk I promise." Max said shyly while rubbing the back of his head with his hand.

"And who said I wanted to talk to you?" I said pointing at him.

"Please just give me a couple of minutes. I want to make you an offer." He said.

"Fine come in." I sighed. What can I say I'm a curios person. He sat on the couch and patted the seat next to him, this better me worth it. "Talk, now." I rolled my eyes.

"Damn, bossy much?" He chuckled and once he saw the look on my face got serious again. "Okay, well first off I want to say that I'm truly sorry for everything that happened in our relationship and everything after that. I know I'm an asshole and I don't expect you to forgive me right away. I just want to go back to use being friends, the ones were were before having the stupid idea of dating. Remember those good times? Damn, I really miss when we were best friends." He frowned.

"So your offer is to be 'friends' ?" I asked confused.

He shook his head and grabbed my hands. "I need you. Well other than a friend, I need you to race for me." I was shocked at his words.

"Please explain." I looked puzzled at him.

"Well basically I need you to do what you know best. I need you to race like we used to do back in our town and train the new crew recruits how to fight and defend themselves. I know your always looking a way to find money and now even more since your dad... Anyway the point is, will you race for me and show some guys how to fight?" He said smiling.

"Yes, yes I will." I smiled.

"Really?! Thanks! I thought you'd say no." He breathed.

"I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing this because of a promise I made to myself." I said. We got up from the couch and headed towards the door.

"I'm guessing your promise has something to do with your mom not being home." He said.

"Thats for me to know, but maybe just maybe I'll tell you some other time." I laughed.

"Its a date then." He winked. I slapped him on the shoulder. "Ouch! I was just kidding there hulk!" He laughed. "So what about my other offer?"

"I'll think about it." I nudged him slightly. "Since I'm guessing your number is the same, I'll text you later for more info."

"And who said your staying here? I'm not leaving without you sweetheart. Go change because we have somewhere to be." He smirked.

"I don't want to go anywhere." I pouted. "I'm eating ice cream and watching The Vampire Diaries."

"I guess those pajamas will do then." Before I could ask him what he meant, he threw me over his shoulder and started walking towards his car.

"Let me go! My ice cream will melt!" I punched his back a few times though he didn't even flinch.

"I will buy you some more later babe. I promise." He put me down and opened the car door for me. I got in without protesting.

"Can you at least tell me where we are going?" I asked and put on my seatbelt.

"Practice, at the Old Mansion Tracks." He shrugged.

"Oh darling, I don't need practice." I winked.

"Whoa, since when did you get all cocky?" He laughed. His comment made me think of Jace, maybe his cockiness was rubbing off on me. I couldn't help but to smile as I thought of him.

"Lets just say I have a good teacher." I smiled.

"Oh yeah, your boyfriend." He said.

"Well, since friends don't lie to each other I have to be honest." I said shrugging. "Jace isn't my boyfriend."

"But the kiss?" He had a puzzled face.

I explained to him everything since the beginning with me and Jace, not leaving a single detail out.

~*~

After about about and hour racing in Max's car he finally told me that we could take a break. I love to feel the adrenaline in my veins as I race. We got out of the car and leaned on the hood.

"So about my ice cream." I questioned.

A second later I hear tires screeching and a white car quickly takes a curb and stops in front of us. "Who's car is that? " I whispered over to Max.

"That is your riding partner." He announced crossing his arms over his chest. Once the cars engined killed my new partner got out. Damn, he surely was a sexy partner. His dark blonde hair swayed with the wind and he's blue eyes shinned in the sunlight. I can only imagined what it must feel like to be wrapped around his wide shoulders and well toned muscles. Snap out of it E! This is strictly work.

____________________________________________________________________

Will Jace have some competition? Tell me what you think in the comments. ❤️