Chapter 5

Emma's POV

~*~

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Ugh, I swear I have the most annoying alarm clock ever" I mumble while turning over and turning off my alarm clock.

I get out of bed and put my iPhone in it's dock, I put the music on shuffle and walk to my bathroom to brush my teeth and take a cold shower, I'd fall rite back to sleep if I took a warm one. After about five songs I finally get out and get dressed, today was one of my lazy days so I just wore light blue skinny jeans, a white t-shirt that had my old schools name in black letters with a little football drawn underneath the letters and some black flats.

I'm standing in front of my mirror fixing my hair into a messy ballerina bun when I hear someone yelling. I decide to go peek out my window that has view to my front yard when I see a girl walking towards a taxi.

"You jerk! You don't know what your missing out on you loser! Your going to regret this!" Some girl yells looking back towards Jace's house. She stumbles a bit when opening the taxi door and before I know the taxi drives away.

"Looks like someone had a fun night" I chuckle. I go back to my mirror and apply just a little foundation on and powder a bit of blush on my cheeks. I grab my bag and head down stairs. The smell led me right to my kitchen where I could see my mom was cooking me eggs and bacon.

"Good morning hun" She serves me a plate with eggs and bacon in front of me while I sit down at the table.

"Thanks mom, your the best" I grin and start then start eating. Not to brag but my mom was a really good cook. No one could resist her food.

"Your welcome, oh and don't forget I'm leaving while your in school for a work trip so when you come home I wont be here. Lets see today is tuesday I should be back by monday morning."

"What?! Your didn't tell me anything about a work trip!" I almost chocked while hearing her. I took my last bite and got up from my seat. She has to be joking, please tell me that she's joking.

"Emma your a big girl and it's only for a couple of days you will be fine I promise. Before I go I'll leave you some money for emergencies and for groceries. Now you better get going you don't want to be late for school." She kissed me on the forehead and went up stairs.

I head to my car and get in the drivers seat. I sit there and get my thoughts together. "Well dear mother if your going to start with your little trips again then I'll just go back to my old self. And thats a promise, let's see if you like that." I check my rear view mirror put the car and reverse and went to school.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well class today we are going to start working on problems 1-15 on page 12 in your math book. Get started on that while I go to the office a minute." Mr. Smith states while getting up from his chair as he walks to leave the class room.

I start doing the math problems. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket but since I really needed to concentrate. It buzzes two more times so I choose not to ignore it anymore just incase if it's and an emergency. I slide my finger across my iPhones screen and see three messages.

From: Mom

Time: 9:03am

Message: Sweetie I'm leaving. Have a good day and please behave yourself. I left you the money in the cookie jar on the kitchen counter. Love you. Xoxo

"Yeah my mom would still use 'Xoxo' in a text message." I laugh to myself. I keep checking my other messages.

From: Jace