ThunderDome: part 1

For weeks, Pavel had been trying to pretend he wasn't interested in Dome. It wasn't working. He tried telling himself he wasn't into big guys, that he liked them small and cute, like Earth or Nine, or his first boy crush a year earlier. Not girly, he would go out with a girl if he wanted someone feminine, but someone cute he could tuck under his arm. 

But all Dome had to do was to give him a hint of his dimples, or flash that gorgeous smile of his, or say Pavel's name in that deep voice of his, or get up from a chair, his thigh muscles visibly working under his white jeans, and Pavel's mouth would run dry. Pavel liked Dome's size, the twinkle in his eyes, the way he smelled, his deep laugh, his calm and unruffled demeanour, his lips. God, Dome's lips...

The first time they had kissed was on set, shooting their first sex scene. Aam, the director, hadn't wanted any of the couples to practise kissing each other before their first kisses, because he wanted genuine first kisses between the couples. Dome had smelled of fresh mint and Pavel had found that endearing. And when they kissed.... Had any lips ever felt so soft, yet so firm? Taking as much as they were giving. Pavel knew from the first taste that he was in trouble.

Pavel stood in front of the bathroom mirror and looked into his eyes. "I'm in love with Dome."

"Did you say something?" Dome's deep voice sounded from behind the door.

"Fuuuuckkkk!" Pavel whispered to the mirror, his eyes looking back, wide and startled. "Nothing!" he said, raising his voice. "Just hit my toe on the leg of the vanity."

"Oh, well, hurry up. You've been there for half an hour and I need that shower. I'm still covered in sand," Dome said and Pavel heard his footsteps receding.

The image of Dome, wet and naked, standing less than a meter away under the cascading water flashed through Pavel's mind and he groaned. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! What am I going to do?

There was no answer, and Pavel grabbed the towel he had used earlier and hung it casually in front of himself to hide his arousal, as he walked to the bedroom. "All yours," he mumbled as he passed Dome, sitting at the foot of the bed in his shorts and t-shirt.

The two were sharing a room. They were on location with the other moons, on Koh Lan island near Pattaya,  filming a scene that lead to Forth and Beam's second sex scene. Watching Dome frolic in the water with the other actors earlier that day, his wet shorts clinging to his muscular thighs like a wet dream, had done much to force Pavel admit his feelings to himself. And tomorrow would be worse.

"What the fuck am I going to do?" Pavel whispered to himself again, as he lay down in bed in his shorts and tank top, covered with the sheets up to his waist, waiting for Dome to finish and join him. And for his erection to die down. And who the hell booked us into a double room, he cursed, looking around the hotel room. It was going to be torture, having to share a bed with Dome, mere inches away. They had shared a room before, during acting work shop and early shoot, but not since their first sex scene.

Meanwhile, Dome stepped out of the shower and dried himself in front of the mirror. Not bad, he thought, but his lips turned into a frown. But I'm no Pavel. The thought gave him a funny feeling, but he shrugged it off as envy. It should be illegal for any guy to look as good as Pavel did wearing just wet shorts, his thigh and leg crusted with wet sand from his slip and tumble into the gold sand... Why was he thinking about that now? 

Dome shook his head, letting water droplets fly and towelled it dry briskly. When he got into the bedroom, he saw Pavel reading something on his mobile.

Dome frowned. Something had changed after their first sex scene, weeks earlier. Before that, Pavel had been flirty and affectionate, in fan meetings and out of sight of cameras, and the two had had an easy connection. After that scene Pavel had stopped. He was still friendly, performed in their scenes like the newbie professional he was, and went through the motions for fan service, but off screen... nothing. Had Dome been that bad a kisser? Had he done something to make Pavel feel awkward?