Race to Save Face

Tell me what you think of the new cover (above).

"We have to get out of here!" Matthew was the first to break the silence between the three of them. Delilah paused for a brief moment.

"What about (Y/N)?" She asked. 

"He'll be fine. I'm sure Ozpin will pull him right out of whatever hole she puts him in. But we can't take her! If we stay, this whole thing was for nothing." Matthew whisper yelled.

"Yeah, but didn't you hear her?" Delilah nodded her head in Augustine's direction. "It doesn't sound like she plans on taking prisoners!"  

"Oh, both of you shut the hell up!" Carolina snapped. Their heads quickly turned in her direction. "If we can get far enough away, we can distract her. If you would just please get me to a sign or something, I'll do it myself!"Matthew and Delilah exchanged glances. 

"It's the safest option . . ." Matthew started. Delilah, after a moment, finally gave in. 

"Ugh! Fine, but we need to be careful!" The purple-eyed girl pulled out her scroll and shifted through her contacts to the other two members of their five-man team, the names Callum and George appearing on the screen. She hit the call button and quickly spoke to the group. "We're leaving, you two! But we have to give (Y/N) an opening. When we run, look for a sign Carolina can use!"

"Yeah!" and "Got it!" Were her responses, prompting her to end the chat and refocus her attention on the super-powerful conduit standing away from them. Delilah swiped through her scroll once more to find (Y/N) and notify him when the sudden "Move!" from Matthew snapped her away from it. Trusting his judgment, she dashed away from the cover she sat in just before it exploded in a shower of concrete. 

"You know, I expected (Y/N) to be here!" Augustine yelled to the fleeing conduits. "But getting the 'Pathfinders of Light' too? I really don't know how you expect to win anything if you're so easy to catch!" The concrete conduit shot her arm forward, a large spike shooting from the ground toward Delilah who was currently running around her at a distance. The neon conduit stopped not an inch short of where the spike impaled. With a gasp and quickly stifled shock, she dive rolled over the spike as another stabbed where she had been a moment before.   

Augustine's attention was quickly ripped from the girl before her by several well-placed neon bolts to her back. The ginger gathered the concreted around her, forming a constantly rotating cylinder that she used to raise from the ground. Augustine then spun to face her new opponent, her intense blue eyes locking onto that of Matthew as he dashed away from her. A spiral of rocks formed as Augustine raised her right hand before she cast if forward with a flick of her wrist. Matthew barely managed to dodge the attack. He started to retreat but thought better of it when he saw a flash of purple in his peripheral vision. Taking his ally's hint, he activated his power, ingulfing himself in purple light before sprinting straight at his adversary, meeting Delilah at the base of Augustine's spinning cylinder. The two began to run up it in a spiral. Because they did so in the same direction the pillar was spinning, they moved too fast for the concrete conduit to track in time. 

Delilah, when she reached her target, used the speed she had in her neon-infused state to launch a quick punch across Augustine's cheek. The older woman grit her teeth in frustration, raising her arm to retaliate when Matthew delivered a swift kick to the back of her head. She spun to swipe at him only for him to boost away, firing the fast-flying bolts of neon from his hands at her head. But again, from behind her, the DUP dictator was struck by a concentrated beam of purple light. Augustine growled under her breath, the situation quickly angering her. She turned only enough to shoot another spike of stone from the ground at the purple-haired girl before moving to attack Matthew once more, only, he wasn't there anymore. A flash of light to her right drew her attention to see the boy in question running along the wall of the prison ship's stern. He lept off, kicking his feet out and shooting himself straight into Augustine's stomach. The air was forced from the older woman's lungs as she fell back slightly, the concrete pillar beneath her beginning to fall apart. The ginger caught herself, however, and, before Matthew could dash away again, grabbed hold of his legs.