Into the Fire

This will be the last chapter before vacation. I'll have no time to write tomorrow. FYI, your outfit can be whatever you want, it just has the inFamous Second Son neutral symbol on the back.

The wind, the speed, all of it. So... exhilarating if nothing else. I flew through the air like a human rocket towards the forest. Sure, my smoke thrusters allowed me to 'fly' but they had nothing on this. Myself, along with all the other first years in our group, had just been launched off Beacon Cliff, and holy shit fire was this awesome. Chances were, the only one not enjoying himself was Jaune, who was hopelessly flailing his arms and legs as he flew. Atra was visible a short distance away, as she had been launched just before me.

I still couldn't get over the view. I spent so much time on the street, that forgot what it was like to get high. Literally and metaphorically. I wonder if I can use the orbital drop jets to fly? It was a question I had often asked myself, though I never really tested it. Still falling, I looked to my left to see if there was anyone falling near me, though the only one close was Atra, and she was no longer visible. I caught Ruby in the distance firing from her sniper to slow her decent, while Yang used her shotgun gauntlets to boost herself forward. Various other people started to fall into the treeline as well. I looked forward, trying to see if I could get a glimpse of whatever abandoned temple Ozpin spoke of. All I saw was the rapidly approaching treeline and- OH SHIT THE TREES!

About to fly into the ocean of green, I balled myself up, hoping to make myself small as possible, though it didn't lessen the pain of smacking into branches left and right. When I broke through, I saw the ground coming at me, and as I could think of no other solution, I stuck my hands out and fired my smoke thrusters. It's not enough, shitshitshitshitshit! I thought. I was barely slowing down. I started to roll forward and was now coming at the ground head first, which gave me an idea. Right before I made contact, I turned myself into smoke, and even though I wasn't solid, I still felt a tumble, so when I reformed, I did so in the second half of a parkour roll. "Ok." I said to myself. "Lets go kick some ass."

As Ruby flew towards the trees, she activated her sniper and fired three shots before turning it into a scythe and hooking it on a branch before swinging around two times. She then unhooked it and fell. Making contact with the ground, there was one thought in her mind: finding Yang. Gotta find Yang. GottafindYang GottafindYang Gottafind- "Yang!?" She yelled. "Yang!?" Ah this is bad, this is really bad. She thought. What if I can't find her? What if someone finds her first? There's always Jaune, he's nice. He's funny. I don't think he's very good in a fight though. Oh! What about Blake? So mysterious, so calm. Plus she likes books! Well, then again I'm not sure I'd be able to hold a conversation with her. Ugh! Ok, who else do I know? Oh yeah! There's (Y/N). He's nice, he's strong. He cares about me and he seems to be good in a fight. I guess I'd look for him too. Who else do I know in this school? Yang, Jaune, Blake, (Y/N), and- She stopped quickly when she saw the white clad girl in front of her. Her feet skidded across the ground until she came to a halt in front of none other than Weiss Schnee, much to her distaste.

Weiss walked away from Ruby, having no interest in being her partner. Though technically breaking the rules, she was not going to let someone so 'inferior' on her team. That's what she thought anyway. As she walked through the forest, she came up on a tree, and when she looked up it, she saw Jaune, once again pinned to a tree by his hood. He was struggling to remove what Weiss recognized as Pyrrha's spear. He laughed awkwardly at the sight of her, though all she did was grunt and walk away. When she got back to Ruby, all she said was "by no means does this make us friends." She grabbed Ruby's hood and dragged her in the opposite direction of Jaune, who yelled out to them as they walked away.