Ends At The Fall

Sorry for the wait, I was being lazy yesterday. Please point out any mistakes you see; I won't get triggered.

He stood as a blast of neon light sped past him. Growing a frown, he turned to see the culprit, glaring at her. "Watch where you're aiming that damned thing!" He yelled.

"What, this thing?" She waved her hand around and fired several more neon beams around him.

"Ugh. You know you're really lucky we'er friends." He said, turning back to the red trees of Forever Fall.

"Oh I'm lucky, huh? Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that." She shoulder checked him playfully before standing next to him. "Where do you think the others ran off to?" She asked.

"Hell if I know. Those two idiots couldn't find their way out of a paper bag." The boy said.

"We heard that!" A yell could be heard from some distance back, coming from one of two boys that brought up the other two males in the neon conduit group.

"Less eavesdropping, more searching." The fist male yelled back and sighed. "I don't even know what it is we're looking for..." He said, looking down.

"Oh, come on Matthew. I'm sure we'll find her."

"Thanks... Delilah." Mathew said to the girl next to him.

"No problem. But yeah, I wish this was going faster too."

"Yeah, I mean, what are we even supposed to be looking for? The DUP could have been using anything as trail markers." Matthew looked around for anything out of place, but there was nothing. "We don't even know if it's the right transport! She could be literally anywhere on Remnant and we'd have no idea!"

"Well even if she is, we'll find her eventually." Delilah put a hand on his shoulder.

"But eventually we'll never be able to get to her!" He slapped her hand off, causing her to reel back, a hurt look on her face. When he saw this, Matthew sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean... It's just, if she's sent to Curdun Cay, we'll never see her again."

"Then we will find her. You're not the only one who misses her y'know. She's like a sister to me too. To all of us. We will find her before she's taken away, even if it's the last thing we do." Delilah smiled at him, a gesture that he gratefully returned. "Besides, we need someone quiet to balance out what comes from those two's mouths." She laughed.

"Oh come on! What did we ever do to you?!" The same masculine voice from the trees was heard again.

Suddenly, the sound of an airship perks them up. "The hell? You think that's them?" Delilah asked.

"I don't know. Get ready, I'll go check it out." Matthew said before light speed dashing away towards the sound. When he got to it, he went prone on a hill just above the descending bullhead. It doesn't look like the DUP... Maybe for stealth they use unmarked bullheads... The landing ramp opened and what came out wasn't the DUP, but it was certainly a good alternative. Matthew pulled out his scroll and contacted Delilah.

"Matt? What is it? Did you find her?"

"It's not the DUP... gather the other two. I found us something just as fun." The male smirked devilishly before turning light speed dashing back to his group.

The first year students of Beacon academy walked through the red forest, listening to Glynda's explanation of why they were there. In the back of the Group was team CADS, and behind them was LVTN, the leader still glaring at Dimitri.