Chapter 15

Girl POV

--------------

I hate him. I hate her. I hate them! I thought in frustration. I couldn't believe that for ONE second I thought he cared about me. I watched the two of them flirt disgustingly from my spot. I felt jealousy wash over me.

"Well I'll be.... I never thought I'd live to see a day Britnee James was angry!" Ryan playfully remarked sitting next to me. I laughed. As helpless as I may appear sometimes, like when I cried yesterday, I am a very strong, independent individual and I could handle myself.

"Lucky you, my dear Ryan, because I am in fact very angry right now," I said with a smile. I looked back over at them and almost gagged at how cute they were being together.

"Ohhhhh. Jake and Cheyne. I see. I understand now. That's why you are mad," Ryan said following my gaze to where they sat.

"I hate her! I thought that maybe... Maybe..... He cared about me because he complimented me and then she shows up and...." I glared at them hatefully. "She's the daughter of the devil, I swear."

"Whoa there chica! Calm yourself!" I looked over at Ryan who was looking at me concerned.

"I'm sorry. It's just.... I can't help but feel jealous." I tried to cool myself off, release some of my anger, but it wasn't working. "He probably doesn't even care I'm jealous. He probably doesn't even care about me. He probably doesn't even know what jealous feels like or even is because he always gets what he......" I stopped.

Wait..... Why don't I teach him what jealous feels like?

I looked at Ryan and smiled. Ryan shook his head, understanding where this was going. Ryan and I are best friends. He knows when I am plotting something, and he knew now.

"Ryan," I said sweetly.

"No, Britnee. No," he snapped before I even asked him to do something.

"Ryan!! Come on! Please! Just hear me out! Just do this one thing for me! Please???" I pleaded. I batted my eyelashes at him and gave him the puppy dog look. He tried to keep a poker face but eventually broke.

"Fine. What do you want?" I grinned.

"I want to make him jealous." I glanced over at him and caught him looking at me. He looked away quickly and returned his attention to Cheyne.

"How?" Ryan questioned. I looked at him and grabbed his hand, lacing fingers with him.

"Just trust me," I said, still grinning. I let out a laugh and lightly punched Ryan's arm with my free hand. "Oh Ryan," I said still laughing. I could see Jake out of the corner of my eye. I smiled wider than before when I saw the look on his face. It was a look I knew a little too well.

A look of absolute anger and frustration.

You want to play, Jake? I'll show you how it's done.

*I have noticed I write these chapters usually while watching some show on TLC.... Usually Sister Wives or Say Yes To The Dress. Random? Yes. :) Hope you are enjoying the book! ❤️/ Mona Lisa*