Chapter 12

Boy POV

--------------

She was avoiding me like the plague. She was flat out, for no reason, ignoring me. Why? I mean all I did was make her run out crying and insult her and- okay. I see why she would be angry, but was ignoring me really necessary?! I wanted to apologize. I wanted to talk to her. But she wouldn't say a word.

After the assembly ended, I looked for her, up and down every row, until finally I found her laughing with Chris outside the auditorium doors. I was sure they were laughing about something crazy. I waited until they had finished laughing before I came up behind her and placed my arm around her. She looked up at me uncomfortably.

"Hey," I said, smirking. She nodded a hello. "I'm sorry about earlier... That was uncalled for and-" Before I could finish, she pulled away and gave me the okay sign. She ran after Alyssa and Chris who had gone to talk to Abigail. I watched her retreating back in awe. She had just.... She was..... She was ignoring me? Why wasn't she talking to me? I said I was sorry! Her blonde hair whipped back and forth as she walked. I watched her intently like Sara Lance would watch over her sister Laurel in Arrow: with all my attention and focus on her, and only her.

"What's wrong with you, Britton? You look like you've just ran out of Sherlock episodes. Did someone touch your backpack again?" Jasmine asked from next to me. She was trying to follow my gaze but was failing. I pulled my gaze from Britnee and looked at Jasmine, but I managed to keep Britnee in my sights out of the corner of my eye.

"Nothing's wrong. Just a little tired," I lied. I saw Chris place his arm around Britnee. She didn't squirm even the tiniest bit. I felt almost.... Angry. Why? Why did I feel angry?

"Britton. I think it's something more than that," Jasmine said, snapping me from my thoughts. I shook my head and placed my hands on my head, taking a deep breath.

"Nah. Just tired. Don't worry about me." I flashed her a smile, trying to convince her I was fine.

"If you say so." She was about to walk off but stopped and whispered, "I know it's girl. I'm not sure who.... But I know it's a girl," before going over to her friends. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. I went back to watching Britnee. She was pretty when she laughed.

After awhile, the bell rang and we could all go home. I ran up next to Britnee again once she had said goodbye to Chris and Alyssa and I had come up with a logical thing to say so I didn't come off as crazy or obsessive.

"You ignoring me? I said I was sorry," I said with a grin. She quickened her pace, but I didn't have to try too hard to match it. "Britnee. Talk to me." She looked at me and smiled. She got on her bus, giving me a peace sign before disappearing. I stared at her bus as the doors closed. That's when I remembered I had a bus to catch. I ran to catch my bus. The bus ride home was long and unbearable. My thoughts were eating me away. Like they said in a Panic! song, "If you don't let it out you're gonna let it eat you away."

When I got home I expected a text from her, but there wasn't one. I decided I'd text her first this time, tell her I was sorry again. I didn't want our friendship to end like this.

Hey!

I waited patiently all night long. I watched two episodes of Sherlock, played This Is Gospel on the piano fifteen times, ate dinner, and watched three episodes of Arrow with still NO text. I figured eventually, at 11:30, I better get sleep. As I climbed into bed and checked my iPod for the last time, I figured I could just talk to her tomorrow.

Very little did I know what would come the next day. I'd wish I had gotten more sleep.

*Three things! Ready..... Go! 1. Who here watches Arrow and understood that reference?! 2. This is Gospel.... A wonderful song by Panic!. The piano version is fabulous. I suggest you all watch it! Normal and piano versions! 3. The song quoted in this chapter was The Calender by Panic!. Look it up! You'll LOOOOOOVE it! I know it's been a long time since I last updated and I'm sorry. I've been rather busy! But I promise I will try to update more often! ❤️/ Mona Lisa*