Chapter 12: Ending

Ashton blinks. The lights are bright. He recognizes where he is. A hospital. A normal hospital. He chuckles, he's going crazy.

He's no longer covered in leaves and mud. He can see the little knicks where the thorn bush got him. Ashton's hand has a bandage wrapped around it, also.

Ashton waits for something to creep up on him. Nothing does. Where are the demons at?

The door opens, and three people walk in. Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford, and Calum Hood. The normal versions. Ashton smiles wide. His best friends are alive! He made it. He saved them.

"You feeling better?" Calum smiles too.

"You have no idea," Ashton chuckles.

"Are you seeing anything?" Luke questions seriously. Ashton shakes his head. Luke adds, "All of that, that you did see- it was fake. All apart of your imagination."

"Was it? It seemed so real..." Ashton trails off in thought. Then, he decides to go with it. It's over. Done. He shan't argue with it again.

"Do I have to go back to the mental institution?" Ashton asks, looking up from his fidgeting fingers.

"Most likely not. They're just going to run a few tests, then let you go home," Michael assures him.

"We explained pretty well to the doctors and police. We know you're okay now," Calum informs him. Ashton's grin doesn't fade.

"You're coming back here tomorrow for your tests. Go change," Luke gestures to the bathroom. Ashton stands up from the hospital bed, and almost collapses. He's a little light-headed, but he makes it to the bathroom.

A set of clothes waits for him on the counter, along with a pair of Vans. He changes into them, and tosses the hospital gown on the floor. Ashton catches view of his reflection in the mirror.

Shadows circle his eyes. He's gotten skinnier. He's pale, and looks horribly sick. Yet, Ashton knows he's fine.

Ashton steps out of the bathroom. The three boys slap him on the back and smile.

"Let's go home."

A/N: There you are! :D Happy ending!! :D :D :D