Chapter 5

"Ashton Irwin, drummer for the band 5 Seconds of Summer, just recently escaped from a mental facility. This is the first time anyone has heard what actually happened to Irwin."

"Out of nowhere, Irwin suddenly went missing for 3 months. The rest of the band obviously knew where he was, but chose not to speak about it. He was actually imprisoned in the mental hospital not far from Sydney. They said that Irwin is hallucinating, and it is messing with his thoughts, sending him on a hunt for the other three boys. If you see Irwin, please hide and call the police."

They show a recent picture of Ashton in the mental institution, then talk a bit about Dr. Maze.

Mrs. Irwin is about in tears. Her son is on a manhunt. Can you imagine that?

Calum shuts the curtains. Wouldn't want to risk anything. His phone goes off in his pocket. Someone texted him...

Michael

Look at the clock. Three hours till...

Calum glances at the time. 9:17 P.M. A lump rises in his throat. He doesn't respond back to the text message. Someone says his name, "Calum?"

He looks up to Luke walking over to him. Luke puts his phone beside Calum's. They had gotten the same message from the same phone. Calum whispers so none of the others could hear, "What the hell are we going to do?"

Luke shrugs. Then, a sense of panic washes over him.

"What is it?" Calum asks.

He groans, "I texted Michael about the hotel!"

"Michael, do you delete your conversations on your phone?" Calum asks. Michael simply shakes his head. Luke squeezes his eyes shut.

"Well, then he probably knows that we're here, and he'd have a good guess of what our room number is.."

"I've got it!" Luke says. "So he doesn't hurt any of our families, you, Michael, and I will leave here at 12:17 and hide somewhere else."

"Okay," Calum says unsurely, "but where?"

"Umm... I'm not sure yet."

"Hide at the mental hospital!" Harry suggests.

"Were you eavesdropping?" Luke asks, raising an eyebrow.

"That's actually not a bad idea," Calum responds to Harry's comment. "If we hid at the mental hospital, Ashton would follow us back there, and we can get him locked up again!"

"Your welcome," Harry leans back in his chair.

"So are we still leaving at 12:17?"

"Yeah, we will."

Calum and Luke explain the plan to Michael. They don't tell their families, because they know that their mothers won't let them continue with the plan. So, they'll just have them asleep by 12:17 A.M.

Ashton dumps the phone when he doesn't need it anymore. He knows where to go.

Voices battle in his head, some more stronger than others.

If they are really the demons, why are they running?

They are the demons! Didn't you see their twisted faces? They're running because they know that you're stronger than them!

If you don't kill them, they will come right back to haunt you, just like they did in that house!

All of the different voices make Ashton flinch and quiver. He wonders where the real Calum, Michael, and Luke are. Maybe if he kills the demon versions, the real ones will appear.

He thinks about this as he walks cautiously down the street. He really misses his best friends. He hasn't seen them in so long.

Anger builds in him. Those demons took them from him! He glares down at the sidewalk. He will kill the three demons if it's the last thing he does.