Chapter 9

Ashton tears Demonic Luke to shreads. It had tumbled backwards on the ground, and now he stabs it repeatedly.

Luke, Michael, and Calum jump as the thing leaps out of the bushes. It is a very filthy Ashton. They furrow their eyebrows as he starts stabbing the muddy ground repeatedly. Intently.

Luke turns his head to look at the other two, and whispers, "He must be seeing things. We have to sneak up on him and capture him."

"He has a knife!" Calum whisper-yells.

"He's occupied at the moment," Luke argues.

Ashton's head snaps up, staring directly at Calum. Then to Michael. Luke wonders why Ashton doesn't look at him.

Then, Ashton slowly stands to his feet. He wipes his black blood-covered hands on his sweats, then darts towards the other two demons. Michael sticks his foot out and trips him. Ashton catches himself with his hands, but just with the blade of the knife in his right hand. He lets out a cry of pain, then quickly pluck the blade from his palm. Now Ashton's in pain. And angrier.

He takes the knife in his left hand, and turns to the two demons. They grin evilly at him, and run along cheerfully. He chases after them, ignoring the searing pain all over his body. Then, the demons suddenly stop. They turn around, looking past Ashton. Ashton turns to see what they laugh at. Demonic Luke limps toward them, bloody and looking worse than before. How is that possible?! Ashton wonders.

Ashton. Join us. No need to fret. You won't be like this anymore, if you just give up, Demonic Michael taunts him.

Ashton screams and cries, "NO!!!"

The boys only stare at him as he glances back, and then at them. Well, at Calum and Michael. He doesn't glare or scream at Luke. Not even once.

"Ashton?" Luke asks clearly. Ashton keeps on rambling with his screaming and tears. He eventually collapses to his knees, and cusses out Michael and Calum. He attempts to throw the knife at them, but they step away.

Ashton turns and starts beating up the air. The boys just watch Jim with wide eyes. Something is seriously wrong with him.

Demonic Luke stumbles closer to Ashton. Ashton fights back, and tries to throw it to the ground. He is unsuccessful, and Luke wraps a hand around his throat.

Ashton isn't moving. He's on his knees, mouth open and letting out choking sounds. Michael asks, "What's wrong with him?"

Luke nears towards him. Ashton doesn't notice.

"Ashton!" Luke calls out his name. No reaction.

The craziest idea occurs to Luke. Is he going insane? Maybe, but not in this scenario...

Luke steps closer to him. He kneels down to Ashton's level, and puts a hand on the mentally ill boy's shoulder, "Ashton?"

Ashton quickly sucks in the air. The demon disappeared. It's no longer there. He glances over. Demonic Michael and Demonic Calum are still there, though. He feels something on his shoulder. He slowly looks over.

"Luke!"