Chapter 2

The security guard behind Ashton yanks him back. Ashton whips around to try to break free. Michael's shoulder is bleeding heavily.

Dr. Maze rushes the three boys out as security forces Ashton back into his straightjacket.

She drags Michael out of the room, leaving Calum and Luke with Rivera. He asks, "What happened in there?"

"Ashton bit Michael's shoulder," Luke answers. Rivera raises his eyebrows and clamps his mouth shut.

They watch through the window as the security guards throw Ashton down and quickly leave the padded cell. Ashton looks angry, perhaps insane. He struggles in his straightjacket.

"I want to go talk to him," Calum states.

"Use the microphone, then," Rivera starts pressing buttons.

"No, I'm going in," Calum starts unlocking the latches on the door.

"No, no, no. You can't do that without supervision," Rivera quickly stands.

"No one ever told me that," he says, then enters the room. Luke follows, and the doctor's assistant stares in disbelief.

Ashton is sitting in the corner, muttering to himself. He really stinks.

"Ashton?" Calum speaks up. Ashton whips his head around to look at them. He's now moving his jaw from side to side. He's starting to scare the both of them.

"Ashton it's us," Calum kneels beside him, "No demons possess us, or anything."

"You're trying to trick me. Don't bother. It isn't going to work!" He gives both of them a death glare. His eyes go wide and he starts kicking, "GET AWAY FROM ME!"

"Ashton, this is all apart of that nightmare you had. None of it is real," Luke tries to convince him, but he knows it won't work anyway.

"I will hunt you down, kill you, and burn you. I promise you that!" Ashton hisses through his clenched teeth.

"You are our best friend. You always will be. Remember that," Luke tells him, and practically drags Calum out of the cell. They latch the door back up, and turn to Rivera.

"See you in two weeks. We're going to go wait for Michael," Luke says.

"Alright. Bye."

They effortlessly drag their feet into the dreary hallway. Luke and Calum wait in the office for Michael and Dr. Maze. Eventually, they walk in.

Michael's shoulder is bandaged up, and he winces every time he has to move it.

"Next time, be aware that he will lie a lot, especially in the state he is now," Dr. Maze purses her lips, then exits the room.

"I still can't believe he bit you," Calum says to Michael in shock.

"Yeah, me either," he rubs his eyes, tiredly. Luke knew what Ashton was trying to do. He was trying to escape. And he almost made it.

The car ride is silent, as usual. Luke drives, Mike sits in the passenger seat and Calum in the backseat. The drive to and from the mental institution is 45 minutes. It's a record for any of these boys to be quiet for that long.

Luke drops Calum and Michael off at their houses, then heads to the Irwin house. Mrs. Irwin is going to want to know how it went.

Once Luke steps in the house, Lauren and Harry quit their arguing. Harry calls out, "Mom! Luke's here!"

"How's Ashton?" Lauren questions. Lauren and Harry are Ashton's little sister and brother.

"Not too good," Luke answers, and slumps into the kitchen. Mrs. Irwin is waiting in there. The other two follow Luke in there. She tells them, "Go to your rooms."

"But we wanna hear how-"

"Go," she says firmly, and they reluctantly obey. Once Lauren and Harry are out of hearing range, Mrs. Irwin asks Luke, "How was he today?"

"He tried to escape. The farthest he got was biting a chunk out of Mike's shoulder," Luke says quietly, in case if the younger two could hear.

"Oh my.. So he's gotten worse?" She asks, her eyebrows knit together.

"You have no idea," Luke emphasizes. She only stresses more. She always worries about how Ashton is doing.

Luke's phone rings in his pocket. He pulls his phone out, and looks at the caller I.D. Dr. Maze.

"Hello?" He picks up.

"He escaped the building."