6

"It's based on a real story, Cam."

"Really?"

"Yep. Everything you'll see has happened for real."

I gulped quite loudly. "Well, that's cool."

I stared straight ahead but I could feel Ann's eyes on me, probably very amused eyes at that.

"Aww you're not scared, are you?" She said with an exaggerated tone, clearly moking me.

I shook my head.

"Because if you are, we can watch another movie." She said, still staring at me curiously.

And damn it, she got me.

"Nope, this one's fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." I said.

"Okay then."

***

I worried for nothing because it was actually the shittiest horror movie I'd ever seen (not that I'd seen many, mind you).

After thirty minutes there still wasn't something that scaried me and I was starting to zone off, it was already past 11 and I was a little tired.

"Are you sure this is a scary movie?" I asked Ann while trying to get into a more comfortable position on the couch.

She must have been really focused on the movie because she got startled when she heard me. She turned on her right, glaring at me as if it was my fault that the movie was boring. I was now sprawled on the couch, my head resting on the couch's arm and my body occupying most of the space, leaving her little space on her side.

She gave me a little smile and just said, "Pay attention."

And as soon as she said that and I turned my eyes from her to the TV, I jumped as if I had just seen the devil and I mean, I probably had since that thing on the screen was definitely not human. Adrenaline shoot through me and I found myself sitting on the edge of the couch gripping Ann's right arm tightly as if my life depended on it.

When the scene was over and the suspense gone, I could feel Ann shaking and as I looked at her I realized she was actually laughing at me. But I still didn't let go of her arm and I actually strengthened my grip. "Well, it really seems like you're not scared of horror movies."

I didn't bother to reply, she'd caught me or more like I let myself get caught. I should have just stayed calm and stoic throughout all of the movie just so I didn't ruin my reputation. But what it's done, it's done. And I was actually getting pretty comfortable like this, attached to Ann's side, feeling her softness, her warmth and her scent.

"You're hurting my arm." She said at some point in the movie after yet again a scene in which I just couldn't stay still and had to close my eyes. But if I have to be honest I was kind of taking advantage of the situation, since she left me free to hold her arm.

"How is it hurting you, I'm barely touching you." I stated matter of factly, looking up at her innocently.

"If this is barely touching, I wouldn't want to know what touching is for you."

"No, you probably wouldn't..." I muttered and I could see her flush in an instant. And well, yes, I should have kept the comment to myself but I just loved messing with her. After that she just stared straight ahead till the end of the movie.

***

As the movie ended I got up and stretched, feeling really sleepy.

"Uhm, are you going back home?"