13

Everything was back to normal between me and Ann and I couldn't be happier. We spent as much time as possible together even though we were both pretty busy.

I was happy, at least I thought so, until I learned that she had been dating some ugly dude for two weeks and that things were going "so great" between them. When Ann told me I wanted to run to the toilet and puke. I knew it was an irrational thing to do, but I felt jealous and couldn't help it.

"That's great!" I said, trying to sound genuinely happy for her. "What's he like?"

And at that point I disconnected my brain from my ears because I didn't want to hear anything that had to do with this dude.

When she finished gushing about him, probably 10 or so minutes later (I didn't count), she started asking me questions about my love life.

I wanted to bang my head against a wall.

"What about you Cammie?" She nudged me in the ribs. "Any hot girls at school?"

Yeah, you. I wanted to say.

And then I realized that I haven't been paying attention to any girl at all aside from her. God, how sad was that?

"Yeah, lots." I replied vaguely.

She squinted her eyes at me. "Uhm... You've never told me what your ideal type of girl was." She said, one hand stroking her chin.

"Haven't I?"

"Nope. So?"

"Well, let's see..." I pretended to think about it. "First of all, she has to be tall."

I saw her get surprised. "Tall? How tall?"

"Around my height." I said and put my hand above her head to indicate how much taller than her my ideal girl should be.

She made a face. "What's wrong with short girls?"

"Nothing, I just like taller girls."

"Uh uhm, what else?"

"Ideally she would have to be blonde, but I can compromise about the hair color."

"I don't get the appeal of blondes." She said, making a face.

I grinned. "That's because you're not a lesbian." I said and saw her roll her eyes.

"Right. Then?"

"Then... She has to be smart."

I was describing the complete opposite of Ann, just to mess with her.

"Yeah, but you just said she had to be blonde." She laughed at her own joke and I just shook my head at her.

"And it would be better if she were younger than me." I added, seeing her freeze for a moment, taking in what I'd just said.

"So what? 15 years old?"

"Hey, I'm not that young!"

"Okay, okay... Anything else?"

I looked at her suspiciously. "Are you trying to find me a girlfriend?"

She smiled. "Maybe."

I shook my head again. "And last but not least," I said and leaned closer to her ear as if I was about to tell her some big secret. "Big boobs."

She looked confused. And then I saw her eyes widen in shock as her hand flew to slap me hard on the arm.

"Perv." She said.

"Hey! That's a perfectly normal preference." I complained.

"Yeah, good luck in finding your tall, blonde, smart," she laughed, "younger girl with big boobs."