18

Arkyn ended up staying in the ballroom watching over Finn for a little while. Just until he could be sure Marcel wouldn't come for him. Eventually Alexis walked in.
"Is that Finn?" She asked looking at the warlock before her.
"Yes."
"Anti-magic chains?"
"Yes."
"Why is there a coffin?"
"Marcel wanted to keep him locked in there, with a few air holes."
"I really don't like him. He's such an ass."
"He can probably hear you."
"I don't care." She crossed her arms.
"Bored of Kol, already?"
"Just came to check in on you."
"Well, it's probably time we leave anyway." He looked at his brother, hesitantly.
"I can find my own way to the airport, you know." Alexis shrugged. "If you need to stay here."
"Right, because you're just dying to get on the plane."
"Well, we could just take him with us."
"The airport's too public to be lugging around a man in chains, and if we take off the chains, he'll use his magic to escape back to Esther."
"So what are you going to do?"
"Well, if I leave him here, Marcel's just going to take that opportunity to put Finn back in the coffin. If we stay, you're in danger of Esther finding out you're here."
"Just go." Finn eventually groaned. "I can survive. I don't need my baby brother keeping an eye out for me."
"I might not be your biggest fan, right now, but you're still my brother, Finn. Leaving you to suffer in a box isn't my style."
"Compel Marcel."
"He's probably on vervain. He's been hanging around with originals."
"Well, what if I told you there was a way I could get all the vervain out of his system?"
"How?"
"Just a spell Xave's been working on. Ever since I almost died in Mystic Falls, he's been searching for ways to prevent it from happening again."
"Give him a call." Arkyn nodded, and sped up, grabbing Marcel and bringing him to the room.
"Like hell, you're going to compel me."
"Fantastic, you've been listening in. Saves me from having to explain." Marcel smiled fakely before trying to speed at Arkyn. Arkyn sped away letting Marcel fall on the floor.
"You're not going to compel me."
"I kind of have to. Don't have much of a choice. I can't allow you to lock him back up in a coffin."
"It's the least he deserves."
"I'd like to see you come out of a centuries long mystical sleep and be totally sane."
"He tried to kill you. And now you're protecting him?" Marcel scoffed and Alexis walked back, joining the group.
"Got it." She said.
"Need anything?" Arkyn asked and she shook her head.
"No, I just had to double check something. Keep him still, would you?" Arkyn sped behind Marcel and held him in place. Alexis held out her hand towards Marcel and closed it into a fist. She muttered the spell, so low she may as well have mouthed it, and Marcel stiffened as though something took hold of his body. Alexis slowly opened her hand, lifting it up in the direction of Marcel's throat. He started choking and blood came out of his mouth. Eventually, she stopped and let go and Arkyn let him fall to the ground. "So, he should be vervain-free by now."
"Perfect. Thanks, sweetheart." Arkyn nodded and pulled Marcel up. He sniffed. "He smells clean enough, but who knows?"
"You can't do this." Marcel growled.
"But I can." Arkyn grinned. Looking Marcel in the eyes, he began compelling him. "You will not lock Finn in the coffin or any coffin. You won't allow anyone to lock Finn in any coffin. You can keep him chained, I understand that might be necessary, but you will never, ever, lock Finn Mikaelson- Or his host body in case you find that a loophole- in this coffin or any coffin. Understand?"
"Yes." He replied through gritted teeth.
"Great. Now I can leave." He let go of Marcel and gestured for Alexis to walk ahead of him.
"Arkyn-" Finn said before he left. Arkyn looked back. "Thank you." Arkyn didn't reply, and just walked out.
"Boy," Alexis sighed when they got in his car, breaking the silence. "That was a rollercoaster of emotions.."
"What was that spell?" He asked.
"I told you, Xave's been working on this spell. He thought if anything like two years ago happened again, he could focus his magic to localise any dark magic in the body to the centre and force it out. It's not perfect yet, it's actually pretty violent right now, but he's working on a way to make it easier in case he ever has to use it."
"You didn't even flinch, Lex. You made a man choke on his own blood without thinking twice."
"He's fine. It's not like it could kill him."
"Alexis!" She bit her lip. "This is not what I want for you. It's not what your mother wanted for you. This kind of violence and anger? That's the legacy I spent centuries trying to leave behind. I won't let you succumb to it."
"I'm sorry." She frowned.
"Sorry isn't what I'm looking for. I'm cutting down your allowance."
"What?!"
"Obviously I'll still pay for basic needs, and your college tuition." He continued before she could protest more. "But definitely not enough for you to buy a plane ticket on a whim."
"But Kol-"
"This city is not safe, Alexis. And I won't lose you."
"Fine." She said, noticing the expression on his face. This was not the time to negotiate. Later, after he'd calmed down, she might able to.